Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
They appear to be going back to their roots.

And, as far as I'm concerned, it's probably a very wise business decision on the part of the Albers.

It looks like Bentley is doing the same thing that most motor vehicle makers have, and that is having very strict "brand identification" requirements on the actual dealership buildings. You could see this occurring for many marques over the last 30 or so years, where "mom n' pop" dealerships either had to dump their existing facilities and build to the new brand-identified standard, or lose their dealership status. Although it's not the same as Bentley as far as market, a cautionary tale is what's gone on with Harley-Davidson. They forced dealerships that had decades of sales success all to rebuild with brand-identified designs of the company's choosing, at huge expense. When the market got soft, sometimes after only a year or two in those buildings, Harley told the owners that they were cutting them loose (others, of course, chose to close on their own). We have a massive former Harley dealership here in Staunton that put up one of these Harley Palaces and I don't think they were in business for 5 years afterward, but I know it was under 10.

I can only imagine what both Bentley and Rolls-Royce are requiring as far as both showroom and service facilities go for the marques.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts