Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi can anyone point me in the right direction to buy a set of 235/70/r15 tires, i'd prefere a whitewall as thats whats on the car now and they do look good, but although the current Avons have plenty of tread they are older than 6 years so need changing.
All the tires i seem to find online seem to be 4x4 tires and no one seems to stock Avon whitewalls unless you know different..
also are there any other brands that do a whitewall and any recommendations for good ride quality,low noise tire.
Many Thanks in advance
eamonn

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
It is getting very difficult to find whitewalls these days, particularly in 235/70R15.

When I was buying new tires for my Silver Shadow II I ended up going with Kumho Solus KR21s in 235/75R15 and I love them. The "standard load" ones have a 105 load rating, which is already sufficient, and they are also available in an "extra load" (XL) version with a 108 load rating. The Shadow II and the Spirit/Spur series have no difficulty with this very slight size increase and it has not had any impact on my speedometer reading (at least if my GPS is to be believed - and it is).

I don't know if Kumhos are available where you are, but I'd look into them. I believe Hankook makes a tire that might suit and Kelly Navigator Golds are (or were) available as well.

Good luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Brian, i can now check out other brands is seems that Avons are getting rare to find of the 3 suppliers i've found so far all are out of stock with no deliveries for about 3 to 4 weeks.. and i'd like em now lol.
all the best eamonn

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
Also, it appears that Introcar is now carrying the U.S. Hercules brand tires in 235/70R15 whitewall. Click here for the Introcar catalog page for this tire.

For anyone in the U.S. you can go to the Hercules Tire homepage and search for your nearest dealer using their search feature.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts