Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Many years ago, and I bless them for it, the Rolls-Royce Owners Club of Australia negotiated with Crewe to make virtually all documentation related to the maintenance of Rolls-Royce and Bentley cars prior to the 1990 model available to the public and host it on their Post-War Technical Library. I made the following post on this very forum long ago pointing to that documentation:

Workshop Manuals, Spare Parts Manuals, Technical Service Bulletins & Documentation

Relatively recently, the Bentley Heritage Technical Library came into existence and some of their material does not overlap and some of what does is of cleaner copy quality and/or is "whole" and can be downloaded in one fell swoop rather than chapter by chapter.

But my main purpose here is to post direct links to the documentation that any DIY maintainer of a SY era Rolls-Royce or Bentley must have in their possession in order to effectively take care of their car(s). These versions are on my Google Drive, and each can be downloaded in its entirety with one click. All three of the TSD (Technical Service Documents) are in ZIP format. If any give you a warning that it's too large for Google Drive to virus scan, and asking if you want to continue downloading, rest assured that this content was virus scanned hundreds of times, by multiple products, before ever being zipped and uploaded. It does not contain viruses nor anything malicious.

TSD2476 SY1 Series (Shadow/T and Derivatives) Workshop Manual (ZIP file)

TSD4200 SY2 Series (Shadow II/T2 and Derivatives) Workshop Manual (ZIP file)

TSD6166 Illustrated Parts Catalog, 1965-1980 (This ZIP file will unzip to a folder containing a structured Electronic PDF system, open start.pdf to use. The Alphabetic Index is most often the easiest place to begin your search.)

And, while not absolutely essential, I created the following myself, out of need, when I found I could not get all sorts of information about substitute parts, shops that repair RR/Bentley in specific regions, and much more. The compilation is the result of years of work and updating, and I encourage anyone who has something new to submit to send it to me:

RR & Bentley Parts, Repair, Restoration & Other Resources Compilation

And if you happen to be the owner of a Pre-War Rolls-Royce or Bentley, and need that documentation, see the Rolls-Royce Owners Club of Australia Pre-War Technical Library.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kelly and Geoff, I am insulted - deeply insulted - you both know I am an international treasure! {I hope that emoticons are not necessary when the humor is this arch.}

Thank you, and thanks to Jonny as well, for the kind words.

·
Registered
2 Posts
A note for posterity as the three "founding fathers" of the Australian R-R Technical Library are now ageing [disgracefully in one case, maturing nicely in another and about to in the third] and, whilst not seeking accolades, are very pleased to see the Library has gone from strength to strength and is widely accessed by the R-R/B world-wide community. The recent action of Bentley Motors in making their archived material freely available most likely would not have happened if our Technical Library had not been set up and met the needs of custodians and enthusiasts.

For posterity, the founding fathers of the Library were Richard Treacy and Bill Coburn with some additional help from me and other Club members when needed - Bill is a worthy Life Member and National Living Treasure of the ACT Branch, Richard is no longer a RROCA member to the best of my knowledge however he has a parts supply business in Sydney for R-R/B service items and I remain a member of the NSW Branch and Moderator of the Australian R-R/B Forum.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
TSD6167 SZ Series Illustrated Parts Catalog, 1980-1989, through Chassis Number 27780

It is a ZIP file and uses the same programmed PDF structure as the SY series Illustrated Parts Catalog does. So once you unzip it simply open start.pdf and follow the menu system to find what you want. Very often the Alphabetic Index is the best place to start.

A huge thanks to the folks at the RROC-Australia who are responsible for the availability of this material.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts