Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I just joined. I am only slightly mechanically enclined but I have coveted RR/Bentley since I was a kid so bear with my ignorance. I am sure I will recieve excellent advice from you all. I removed the dead Lucas starter from my Corniche and I wish to put in my new Nippon Denso starter. I am concerned about connecting the wires properly. It looks like the thicker "main power" wire was actually hooked to the old solenoid originally? The new starter has two main posts and a smaller "plug in" electrical port that I may have to jury-rig to connect to the smaller, thinner wire which I assume is meant to provide some sort of initial "signal" from the ignition before the starter is fully engaged. So there are also two leads which would appear to match up with old posts on the Lucas starter. Where should the "main power' wire go? What else should I do? I do not want to short anything out. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
See the topic, Nippondenso Gear Reduction Starter for Shadow, and definitely look at the topic on the RROC-Australia to which I make reference in that topic. This image, included with a lot of other info in that topic, shows how I ended up wiring the new starter and it works fine:

There are a number of other topics on this forum regarding installing gear reduction starters on these cars.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
See the topic, Nippondenso Gear Reduction Starter for Shadow, and definitely look at the topic on the RROC-Australia to which I make reference in that topic. This image, included with a lot of other info in that topic, shows how I ended up wiring the new starter and it works fine:

There are a number of other topics on this forum regarding installing gear reduction starters on these cars.
Thank you so much! I am woring on it this afternoon. I cannot wait to hear it turn over.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts