Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wiper Motor for 1997 Bentley Turbo RT
Well the gear box went so I opened it up to have a look and yes the nylon gear had flat spotted so it stopped working
Contacted parts man £300.00 + for new one reconditioned one £130.00+
And told that I would have to pay the surcharge as gear had gone
Well I didn’t like this as I don’t like being coned
So off to the scrap Yard and this Mini Metro is saying Hello
And yes one wiper Motor
All I had to do was drill the rivets out remove gear and fit it to my motor
The reason for this is the park cover is different and the wiring is different and as my motor was ok I just used the parts I wanted
But off to scrappy tomorrow for a spear

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
If anyone is looking for replacement gears of this sort (or, for that matter, myriad small parts) definitely try smallparts.com. To see their selection of gears, click here.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well after getting silly people telling me that there very expensive and you can’t get parts so you have to pay a surcharge for the gear
I decided to go to my local scrap yard 20 min later and one Rover Metro wiper motor (£10.00)
And I have wipers
So next time some parts suppliers try to rip you off think before you leap

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
As you've learned and clearly demonstrated, many parts on PMCs are not exclusive to PMCs. There are myriad other British cars (and, sometimes, cars of many other nationalities) that share parts. The transmissions on these cars are GM transmissions.

One should always try to determine whether a given part is exclusive to Crewe or "off the shelf" if you're trying to maintain these cars on a budget (or just can't stand obscene markups).

·
Registered
195 Posts
My dealer has just completed the annual service on my 2000 Bentley Mulliner Continental R and reported that a bolt has snapped in the wiper motor causing motor to slacken. They quote a new motor at £643. Are these repairable or can I get a replacement motor and get my tame mechanic to fit it

Thanks

Paul

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have met some tec that cant put there shoes on
but if you want to chat about it phone me and i can tell you what to do
Michael 07793394355

·
Registered
195 Posts
Thanks for your help Michael. My mechanic had a good look this afternoon and all it is is one of the three fixing bolts has snapped off. He thinks he can drill or tap it out and replace the bolt. I will have a look for a spare Metro wiper motor just in case.

Thanks

Paul

·
Registered
31 Posts
guyslp said:
As you've learned and clearly demonstrated, many parts on PMCs are not exclusive to PMCs. There are myriad other British cars (and, sometimes, cars of many other nationalities) that share parts. The transmissions on these cars are GM transmissions.

One should always try to determine whether a given part is exclusive to Crewe or "off the shelf" if you're trying to maintain these cars on a budget (or just can't stand obscene markups).
This site has such suggestions:
Rolls Substitute Parts

1 - 8 of 8 Posts