Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would post this up to prevent similar mistakes being made.
Never thought I would have something in common with Ed China.
I watched Ed in Wheeler Dealer's when they were restoring I think it was a Shadow
He really struggled with the chrome removal so much so that they showed him starting and then when it was off
I sat chuckling away as I had been on the same journey
To remove the front windscreen chrome
You will need to remove both of the pillar covers in the interior of the car along with the above mirror cover which also acts as the hinge point for the visors.
The door pillars unclip but the visor holder you need to undo the screws then slide the holder back, youll see some earth wires which act as the ground point for the vanity lights.
The top holder is an L shaped piece of metal with a nut screwed to it, this locates in the slot on the chrome and pulls it in tight
There are two holders on each windscreen pillar these should be screwed in place and simply pieces of U shaped metal, I had to make new ones as the old ones were rusted through

On reassembly its a two man job one pushing the chrome down and in to place the other fitting the screws
The top L shaped one being pretty fiddly to get in but will go. Don't forget once done to seal the entrance points with mastic to prevent leaks
Have fun

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi motorman just read your thread very interesting as I have a leak and seems to be coming from the a piller now reading this I belive you have hit my nail on the head lol I don't suppose you have any pictures cheers

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Also the trim has to be installed in the new seal with the glass and then as a unit fitted to the car.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi motorman just read your thread very interesting as I have a leak and seems to be coming from the a piller now reading this I belive you have hit my nail on the head lol I don't suppose you have any pictures cheers
Sorry no photos but once you have removed the side pillar covers very evident. I made replacement u clips out of mild steel did the job perfect

1 - 6 of 6 Posts