Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a friend that bought a 1990 turbo r from a company in Fla , the drivers power widow didn't work so i took the panel off and found they had put a stick to hold window up, the stud or something that goes between the regular and window frame is missing. anyone know where to find one

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Obviously no PPI .
Anyway, the part may have been used in other models/years, so a pic would help. Based on that a creative repair or a replacement may be needed.
You can find out exactly what is needed by reverse engineering. Look at the parts info and see what is missing.
Home. Plug in the model/year/VIN for the exact parts.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
as it's gone ,no idea what it looks like, found what i think may be it from a place in Calf, have to buy whole chain 119.00, but not sure if right part.

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
Here is a direct link to TSD6167, SZ Illustrated Parts Manual for the model years 1980-1989. I've checked IETIS, the Integrated Electronic Technical Information System, which was the computer-based replacement for the hard copy manuals starting in 1990, and the window lift mechanism is the same.

Every blessed part of the window lift mechanism is shown in those illustrated manuals, allowing you to compare the illustration to what is actually present, which allows you to determine what is actually absent. That's how we all do it, as there's no other way as a DIY-er when you're dealing with a situation that's entirely new to you.

None of us can even venture any reasonable guess without photographs to go on, and perhaps not even then depending on precisely what may be missing. The Illustrated Parts Manual should be exactly what you need to compare what's actually inside that door versus what should be there.

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
We cannot answer that without knowing what is and is not there already. It would be very unusual indeed were all of these components to be missing.

Post photos showing what's actually present inside the door.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
had to take off other door panel to see what is in there, a strait 6mm bolt between glass and chain

1 - 10 of 10 Posts