Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Yes, Richard Treacy's Window Lift Improvement Article.

In addition, make sure to lubricate the chain, motor, and, if you're really ambitious, take the window motor and transmission out and refresh the grease. Dry grease tends to slow things down/gum things up quite a bit.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
slow window lifts

Thanks for the advice, I downloaded the article re the modification to the electrical circuit. It seemed a bit too ambitious for me, then I timed the window lifts, the worst was left rear at 27 seconds, so I took out the motor and transmission. cleaned, regreased and refitted, time improved to 6 seconds. renewing lubrication on the others also got the times acceptable.
Fireflyer javascript:emoticon(':D')

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1981 spirit non starting.

Just a couple of days after collecting my 81 Spirit in UK, it failed to start, just heard the starter motor rattling, but not turning the engine..
A jump start got the engine going after about an hour of recharging the battery by the breakdown service. Great result we thought,..Then when I switched off the ignition, the engine kept on running..the breakdown mechanic was puzzled to say the least, but by removing the fuel pump relay got the engine to stop.
That hasn't re-occurred since, (that was 18 months ago)
Has any one got aany ideas as to what the problem was (is) ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
fireflyer said:
Need a cure for slow window lifts on '81 silver spirit. Any suggestions ?
Sometimes these kind of slow window lifts occur due to electrical loads. Battery voltage has a big effect. Make sure your charging system and grounds are ok. There may be various more reasons that can find easily by an very good electrician. so you must have to visit any good body shop to fix it easily.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts