Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can a non professional as I am , Install front and rear windows in a 1984 RR Silver Spur. I have watched you tube video
of Danny's Auto Glass ( in Virginia ) do this on a 1989 Spur. I have all that is necessary to do this and I have another
person to help.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hello mike bentley turbo .....my buddy mike serpe has one and loves it....I soon will have a 1994 Brooklands....
to return to my 1984 window installation....when you write that the heating element wires pass throung the rubber.....you must mean the rubber gasket seal.....and is there a specific place to pass the wire through......and to my question......can I as a non-professional insert the glass after watching a detailed you tube,,,,,Danny's Auto Glass...

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Hi Marc
The wires pass through the rubber seal from the top about 8 in in from each side( you'll see them when you take the trim out), the danger is when you pull the rubber from the glass you'll pull the connections off the glass then it's bust ok
To be honest with the value of the parts I would have them done by a professional if possible.
Cheers
Mike

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Marc
The wires pass through the rubber seal from the top about 8 in in from each side( you'll see them when you take the trim out), the danger is when you pull the rubber from the glass you'll pull the connections off the glass then it's bust ok
To be honest with the value of the parts I would have them done by a professional if possible.
Cheers
Mike
thanks for the advice....I have a professional coming to do this with me...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts