Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
My chassis number is 27650, to close my windows I have to lift the window switch inside the door.
My mate chasssis is 27693 can close his windows from the door lock using the key from outside.
Should mine work like this?
Help before I rewire my car!
Cheers
Mike

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Mike,

I had the "close all windows and/or sunroof by holding the key in the 'lock the doors' position until they all rise" feature on my 1999 Jaguar XJ8L, but I've never heard of this on a car from Crewe prior to your post.

I will be curious to see if anyone else states they have this on a car as shipped from the factory or if it's more likely that some previous custodian of your friend's car added this feature via aftermarket means.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Brian may be right, it was not on my 1992 Turbo R with original alrm, it's not on my 1997 Conti R with original alarm.
It's probably an aftermarket alarm not original from Crewe.

Jean

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Mike, don't you think this module is what I had on my Turbo and still have on Conti R which is the fact that my driver window has an automatic position if I push fully the button.
I press deeply the botton and automatically the window gos up or down, no need to keep finger on the button .

Jean

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Until or unless multiple people chime in saying that they own cars that they know to be OEM equipped with this feature I will continue to believe this is a one-off done aftermarket.

Although I've never owned an SZ car I know a number of people who do, and 20K series or later for a number of them, and I have never heard another person mention this feature. I also would have to believe that it would be documented in the Owner's Handbook if it were available as an option.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Brian
On the '89 diagram there is no mention of this ecu, but in ietis '90+ it is there and refered to as "one shot" window lift.
but like I say my mates car is only 43 after mine , maybe I just missed out lol
Cheers
Mike

·
Registered
40 Posts
hi all
I have a 91 spur 34362 with the one shot window close feature and the key will not close the windows using door lock.
seems like a good feature it would be cool if it was available.

paul.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Personally think that the less ecus there are for windows the better. I am constantly having to reset the ecu for the window regulator on my Aston DB7 and it is very tiresome.

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Paul,

Would you please describe what "one shot window lift" actually constitutes?

I'm presuming that it's a "give the driver's window switch a quick up click and the window will raise completely" but I could be entirely wrong.

As I said, with regard to the Jaguar, if you used the key to lock the car via the driver's door and held the key in the lock position for a few seconds longer all windows on the car would close as would the sunroof if it were open. You did have to keep the key held in that position until the windows/sunroof were completely closed or, if you let go of the key, they would stop in whatever position they were in.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Paul,

Would you please describe what "one shot window lift" actually constitutes?

I'm presuming that it's a "give the driver's window switch a quick up click and the window will raise completely" but I could be entirely wrong..
No you are right, this is exactly what I have in my Conti R, only for driver window, in both sens, up or down.
And I am utterly convince the module presented is for that, not anything else.

Jean

·
Registered
167 Posts
My BGD has the 'one shot' windows, but that's it. However, my Mazda MX5 has remote central locking with open/close windows feature. It is definitely NOT standard! It doesn't seem all that complicated to me, but as I know the sum total of sweet fa about electrics, it could actually involve a new wiring loom and a month in a white room back in Japan! The Mazda also locks all the doors as soon as you put the car in gear and only lets you out again when in 'park' and ignition off. That feature is most annoying when two dogs are climbing all over you in a desperate rush to depart the car and get in the park!

·
Registered
720 Posts
My Mini is set up to open the windows and sunroofs if you hold the remote unlock button, that's a USA model. The European and UK models do that AND, hold the lock button and all the windows and roofs close. Obviously, Mini wants the US models to get wet when it rains.

·
Registered
40 Posts
hi all
the one shot works when the window switch is flicked and released the window will open or close fully.
this is done on a timer there are no limit switches to signal end of travel or stroke so if the window is say almost closed and you flick the switch the window will close and stall the motor till the timer runs out.
I think this system is somewhat flawed.
Using the door lock key will not close the windows, Lock solenoids stay energized when holding the key, this is not a good idea they could over heat there designed for momentary use only.
thanks all

paul.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi Paul
The system on my mates Bentley will close a window from halfway (does not stall the motor) and works with just a turn and release of the key, I think it's black magic lol
But I think the ecu must have a load sensor circuit ,I don't know of any other way it could be done.
Cheers
Mike

·
Registered
2 Posts
window regulator

I purchased a 2000 Bentley Arnage at the Mecum auction in Kissimmee in January. I know dumb move. Car has 36k miles.

Anyway when I open the drivers side door the alarm goes off and will only stop if I start the car. Took it to the shop and the mechanic said some really dumb person put it new speakers and wired them through the window regulators for some reason. He said they didnt know what they were doing obviously and now I need both back window regulators. I was quoted $2,200 a piece. The car is immaculate inside and out, looks new. Anyone have any suggestions on what to do in a case like this? My name is Russ. In addition I need a new key fob. I know they gotta be programmed bu the dealer. Thanks

·
Registered
415 Posts
This was quite a popular aftermarket alarm feature in the 90's - often branded as "Total Closure".

I had an aftermarket alarm fitted to a Lancia Delta Integrale in around 1998, and it had this feature.

Although, on that car, it was a bit silly because the rear door windows were hand cranked!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts