Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get an Arnage T, but clearly the documented problems regarding the camshaft damage lead me to wanting to wait until I can afford an '07 model; when that fault was addressed.

There must be lots of vehicles without this problem, but if it occurred it would be financially annoying, as you may end up spending more than if you'd waited for the '07 .

So how do you mitigate this risk?

Regards

Chrali

·
Registered
415 Posts
The early Audi A6 2.5TDI had the same issue, don't ask me how I know it.....
...well, ask me!
Oh, I've got one of those - I bought it in 1999 as the second owner, 3 years old. It's on 250,000 miles now, great quality car, just a bit boring! Sadly doesn't get much use now because I cant bear to sell it (not that it's worth much!)

mine is the 5 cylinder - is that the problem engine, or is it the early V6 tdi?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I too am in the market for a 2005 ish Arnage and concerned regarding the tappets and cams issue. There doesnt seem to be much information regarding how prevalent the problem is and more importantly, the causes. Is this a lack of maintenance issue ?? Luck of the draw ?? Does the engine go from perfect to scrapper in a day ??

·
Registered
195 Posts
This is a good place to start

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=162&t=1655321

Tappets are a problem so service history is vital and oil changes are critical. There is a price difference and a 2007 model will cost about £20k more and will probably depreciate £20k over the next 6 years.

What would it cost if they went? Negotiable I would think. Look at the thread on head gasket replacement on this site.

Paul

·
Registered
2 Posts
I too am in the market for a 2005 ish Arnage and concerned regarding the tappets and cams issue. There doesnt seem to be much information regarding how prevalent the problem is and more importantly, the causes. Is this a lack of maintenance issue ?? Luck of the draw ?? Does the engine go from perfect to scrapper in a day ??
I don't know if you are still in the market, but my father-in-law has a 2005 Arnarge with approximately 52K miles on it. Black with tan interior that he is going to sale. He's asking $49,900. I'd be happy to post some pics of it.

·
Registered
195 Posts
It has been suggested elsewhere that Kseal can be added as a preventative measure to protect head gasket failure. Its already in mine.

Paul

·
Registered
116 Posts
It has been suggested elsewhere that Kseal can be added as a preventative measure to protect head gasket failure. Its already in mine.

Paul
I thought K seal/ Rad seal are for leaking rads? How would they prevent Head gasket failure?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts