Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folk, I am an happy owner of a beautiful Bentley Turbo R from 1992 with 26000 Km, the bodywork and the upholstery have been completely restored, now I'm starting the mechanics ....my question is >> What type of oil for my power steering << recommended, if I am right Castrol, ESSO or BP 80W-90, Multi - Trax 80W-90, or ATF
MANNOL Dexron III Automatic Plus?.

Thanks in advance

Patt

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
ATF as usual for power steering. 90WT is for the rear final drive. The owner's handbook will recommend what to use.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok cool, thanks a lot, but the owner's manual was not with the car when when I buyed it ...
when I disassembled the power steering lines, the oil was not from the ATF very red but rather yellowish .... this is the reason for my question on the type of oil to use.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Bleed the P/S manually, ie, not with the engine running. Get the front end off the ground a bit and turn the steering wheel lock to lock. It will purge the air.

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
Someone obviously used conventional power steering fluid at some point, and with a thorough flush involved before doing so. It is conventionally a pale yellow color, and its use has not, from any reports I've heard so far, caused issues even though ATF was what came in the power steering system when the car left Crewe.

Reactions: Senart

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
They probably thought it was Pentosin going there, which is not the case.
Same as transmission as written above.
Motul or Castrol DExron II is fine, but replace several time to tak ethe old one out

Beautifull car , welcome

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok thank you for all these details, I will do several rinses and a good purge with new ATF MANNOL Dexron III. good night

1 - 9 of 9 Posts