Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there, I am an automotive design student at Coventry University and I am currently designing an executive/luxury vehicle aimed at businessmen. I was wondering, as luxury car owners, what you look for in a luxury vehicle and what you think should be implemented into the car to make it more luxurious or businessman orientated.

Yours sincerely

Mark

·
Registered
51 Posts
Luxury car consumers look for the same essentials as any other non-luxury car. Some people want the latest and greatest of whatever there is to be offered. Whats interesting for the business aspect is that even with the economic downturn, luxury car dealers aren't suffering. Most consumers of these products are out of the classes that are getting hit the hardest by this whole ordeal. Besides looking for the requirements that are needed for a decent stationary vehicle, luxury car buyers crave the beautiful accessories and luxurious look that separates the automobile from any other. A departure from whats normal, yet not completely eccentric. This can be anything from the latest, most modern interior/exterior technology, but it is more than this. Usually, the features that distinguish luxury vehicles from other cars are the ones that cannot be easily crafted on the standard assembly line. Any finishing touches that make the vehicle classy, modern, yet still a bit classic, such as cherry wood grain on the dash.
Hope this helped a bit.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I think a vehicle that has flowing lines, proportional accessories and equality in surfaces, that is there can't just be a chrome grill with no chrome on the rest of the vehicle. Also, high quality materials within the car, as well as a reliable car. Getting further into customer service and such is irrelevant for this purpose as you are asking about designs. Also lots of toys to play with and show off. This is what I feel important. Best regards! Matt

·
Registered
26 Posts
I agree, a little unsophisticated of a saying for my taste, but humorouse nonetheless. I liked many of the points you brought up as well.

·
Registered
26 Posts
No apology needed. You didn't create the saying. I was just expressing my feelings. Thank you!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I didn't even notice the date of original posting. :oops: My fault!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I personally look for character, uniqueness/exclusivity, and interior/exterior styling, hence my being a member on the Bentley/RR forum. Those are the main points, but I truly look at everything else, as well (ie. performance, manufacturer country of origin, value, etc.) However, most business men look for value in regards to features/gadgets, horsepower, and aggressive/expensive looking styling, and overall prestige in relation to the price.
Its pretty basic, but I hope it helps.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts