Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is this?
what function these threads have?
what function these threads have?which goes to the dashboard, etc...
what function these threads have?
the unknown cut threads arrive in the same bundle
in the manulal workshop they don't talk about the connections or the bulb that starts the electric fan

Attachments

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Valentino,

I want to preface all that follows with:

1. I understand English is your second language (and my anything but English is just awful), so that factors in.
2. You need to pull back on some of these photos, particularly like the last one that shows the tape wrapped bundle, since there is no way to guess what they are without having some idea of where they're coming from.
3. You absolutely need to learn how to use the Workshop Manual, for your own sanity, and I intend to try to help in that regard.

The Workshop Manual for your car can be downloaded from the Bentley Heritage Technical Library, 1965-1980. Also get the spare parts manual, too, as this is an essential companion, too.

What you are referring to as threads are called wires in English.

Those wires, all except that last black tape wrapped bit, are all on the thermostat housing. In the Workshop Manual, this area of the car is covered under Chapter L on the cooling system, specifically Chapter L, Section 3. See also this diagram:

The above is for a Silver Shadow II (SY2 series), but most, if not all, of it is applicable to the original Shadow (SY1) cars. You can see the various sensors, and what each one is can be found by looking in the Parts Manual for that part number.

On the RROC Australia Forum see also this topic I started a couple of years ago: Those darned thermostat housing Otter switches - which switch does what?

This should get you started as to what each of those sensors and electrical connections is about.

I can't remember at the moment whether you have a series 1 Shadow (or derivative) or series 2, which can make a difference, so offering your chassis number when asking questions helps your potential assistants, as it becomes impossible to remember who has which car over time. (My two are both series 2, SRH33576 and LRK37110).

Reactions: Bentboy

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
first of all thanks for your cooperation. in fact my english is related to google translator. it is also the first forum that I attend, hence the various uncertainties. i own a srx32011. I will try to make more exhaustive photos not combined with your precious information. thank you
I hope I can hear us again

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Valentino,

1. I understand English is your second language (and my anything but English is just awful), so that factors in.
2. You need to pull back on some of these photos, particularly like the last one that shows the tape wrapped bundle, since there is no way to guess what they are without having some idea of where they're coming from.
3. You absolutely need to learn how to use the Workshop Manual, for your own sanity, and I intend to try to help in that regard.

The Workshop Manual for your car can be downloaded from the Bentley Heritage Technical Library, 1965-1980. Also get the spare parts manual, too, as this is an essential companion, too.

Those wires, all except that last black tape wrapped bit, are all on the thermostat housing. In the Workshop Manual, this area of the car is covered under Chapter L on the cooling system, specifically Chapter L, Section 3. See also this diagram:

View attachment 28686

The above is for a Silver Shadow II (SY2 series), but most, if not all, of it is applicable to the original Shadow (SY1) cars. You can see the various sensors, and what each one is can be found by looking in the Parts Manual for that part number.

On the RROC Australia Forum see also this topic I started a couple of years ago: Those darned thermostat housing Otter switches - which switch does what?

This should get you started as to what each of those sensors and electrical connections is about.

I can't remember at the moment whether you have a series 1 Shadow (or derivative) or series 2, which can make a difference, so offering your chassis number when asking questions helps your potential assistants, as it becomes impossible to remember who has which car over time. (My two are both series 2, SRH33576 and LRK37110).

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my friend Alex who helps me fix the srx 32011 , that i love,makes me the following to ask you:
UE 40381 what it is for (to switch on the electric Booster fan
UE 40365 what it is for?
UE 39593 what it is for?
Thank you in advance
forgive mistakes

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Valentino,

View attachment 28686

[/
my friend Alex who helps me fix the srx 32011 , that i love,makes me the following to ask you:
UE 40381 what it is for (to switch on the electric Booster fan
UE 40365 what it is for?
UE 39593 what it is for?
Thank you in advance
forgive mistakes

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
UE40361 (which is what I think you mean where you typed 40381) is the sending unit for the temperature gauge in the 4-way gauge on your dash.

UE40365, the otter switch on the thermostat outlet housing that has the hose to the top of the radiator, according to another Silver Wraith II owner, Randy Roberson, "operates the auxiliary fan: I jumpered the harness and it came to life."

UE39593, and I base this on the process of elimination, should have this function, also documented by Mr. Roberson:
"To improve starting and driveaway quality at low temperatures solenoid valves activated by lock-out switches (see Fig. 15), interrupt the vacuum signals to both exhaust gas recirculation valves, ensuring that they remain in the closed position, until predetermined coolant temperatures are reached. The secondary valve cuts in at a higher coolant temperature than the primary valve." If your car is not equipped with EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) then I don't know what that one is.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
UE40361 (which is what I think you mean where you typed 40381) is the sending unit for the temperature gauge in the 4-way gauge on your dash.

UE40365, the otter switch on the thermostat outlet housing that has the hose to the top of the radiator, according to another Silver Wraith II owner, Randy Roberson, "operates the auxiliary fan: I jumpered the harness and it came to life."

UE39593, and I base this on the process of elimination, should have this function, also documented by Mr. Roberson:
"To improve starting and driveaway quality at low temperatures solenoid valves activated by lock-out switches (see Fig. 15), interrupt the vacuum signals to both exhaust gas recirculation valves, ensuring that they remain in the closed position, until predetermined coolant temperatures are reached. The secondary valve cuts in at a higher coolant temperature than the primary valve." If your car is not equipped with EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) then I don't know what that one is.
many thanks for your kind reply

1 - 8 of 8 Posts