Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hoping someone could answer a couple questions for me:
How often do they need serviced?
How much do the cost to service from main dealers?
What’s the reliability like?
I realise this sounds like a fairly stupid question, but how fast are they compared to say a DB9? Looking at the figures they seem to be about the same, but I seem to remember Top Gear doing a drag race with them and the Bentley lost buy quite a bit.
What are the rear seats like? The ones in the DB9 are just shocking, but the back seats in my old 911 weren’t too bad.
I’m speaking about earlier cars specifically, not sure if that makes much of a difference.

Thanks for the help in advance.

·
Registered
71 Posts
How often do they need serviced?
Service, a few at the very beginning to be sure all is well, then basically at every 10k mile mark.

How much do the cost to service from main dealers?
From around $1000 to $2500 depending on the age/milage mark. This is not just an oil change but a real service and check over.

What’s the reliability like?
Very good, remember it is basically a reclothed and perhaps updated VW Phaeton. The Phaeton was a statement piece to celebrate a man's idea of the ultimate car.

I realise this sounds like a fairly stupid question, but how fast are they compared to say a DB9?
Fast in what way??? Straight line speed? The twisty roads? Are you located in Germany where there are no speed limits? And which GT are you referring to? Odds are the difference in performance is of little real concern unless you are trying to shave a second or three off a road course racetrack lap. Both have more than ample power for normal public road driving.

Looking at the figures they seem to be about the same, but I seem to remember Top Gear doing a drag race with them and the Bentley lost buy quite a bit.
Top Gear seems to universally hate Bentley and love Aston Martin. Make of that what you will.

What are the rear seats like? The ones in the DB9 are just shocking, but the back seats in my old 911 weren’t too bad.
They are ok. Not great, not bad. Of course it deoends on how far back the front passenger has their seat. If you need proper full rear seats, then perhaps a 4 door Bentley is more appropriate?

I’m speaking about earlier cars specifically, not sure if that makes much of a difference.
Earlier as in 2005 or so or even earlier than that?

Have had many cars, exotics, etc and to me the newish Bentley GTs needs to be 'lived in' for a month or two to truly get a firm handle on how well they are made and their capabilities with day-to-day driving. It is not just the very high quality (better than Aston Martin) craftsmenship, styling or build quality, it is in how things work, the little things that all add up... which leads to the overall gestalt of the car and how truly wonderful it is imho. IMHO and those of others feel that the Bentley is a far better car than the Aston Martin.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts