Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Personally, despite asset value, I would rather have an 80s-90s Turbo R or Brooklands than a new Flying Spur. They just have more character and have a more 'soulful' feel. Although I absolutely ADORE the new Phantom, I feel the old cars still have that 'soul' that the newer ones simply cannot recreate.
Which cars "do more" for you? The old $30,000 ones or the new $250,000 ones?
Just a fun question :)

·
Administrator
534 Posts
I love the old cars. Not just because they have so much character and charm, but because I love getting a good deal ($) and after 20+ years the depreciation has done most of its work.

Welcome to the forum by the way. Whereabouts in Ontario are you? There's a few Ontarians on here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stirling said:
I love the old cars. Not just because they have so much character and charm, but because I love getting a good deal ($) and after 20+ years the depreciation has done most of its work.

Welcome to the forum by the way. Whereabouts in Ontario are you? There's a few Ontarians on here.
I'm in Oakville.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Old, period. Crewe-produced, period. Since I'm stuck on first and second generation Corniche's, we're talking MPW coachbuilt cars made by guys in leather aprons wielding hammers and soldering lead for body filler.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Old everytime for that look only a rolls or bentley can give that screaming out "this is not tat,"

The feel of the paint work, the sound of closing the door as you enter the world of pure qualitiy everytime,

That feel of "im driving a dream everytime your there just driving,
You never get into such a car and forget your driving the best british car ever made by two people from different walks of life, one with money and one who left school at the tender age of 9 yrs old,

You'll get more than a second glance as you pass people,
you'll offten find people looking at your dream machine as you return to it,

And even though you didnt build this car you'll soon find as you clean it pamper it "your building a long time relationship with the car that no other car ever had before,

Yes the newer bigger rolls have all the modern tech going, it hardly needs a driver with the censor's to stop you getting to close to the vehicle in front, the reversing tech again so you cant bump into anything behind you,

But it dont look like a rolls, "just take the radiator off and it could be an american, italian, or a car from toys "R" us counter.

Give me the dream rolls royce made everytime.

·
Registered
23 Posts
It does seem that Rolls-Royce, Bentley and, to a lesser extent, Maybach are in a contest to see which one can make more craftsmen go blind.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Palak said:
It does seem that Rolls-Royce, Bentley and, to a lesser extent, Maybach are in a contest to see which one can make more craftsmen go blind.
I dont know about being in contest, But for a first time owner of a Bentley its all the detail thats blown my mind, little things like take the dip stick for the engine oil, not only is this stick more of a rod than the usual bendy sticks you get with a lot of the higher up the scale cars, but in mine you have a button on the dash to press to tell you the oil level, the tool kit and bulb wallet, the the boot can be locked via the glove box, and then this glove box locked so if you dont wont the boot opened while the cars being serviced this is the answer,

I could go on and on about the pure thought and quality thats gone into these cars "and mine is 24 years old",

As ive said ref contest! its not that that brings a warm feeling to my mind its that who ever built this car was a real crafts person and its me who's reeping the their skillls 24 years after they made such a wonderful car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts