Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
I much prefer the look of the Turbo R - and yours looks particularly evil in black!

Es

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Looks like new money vs old money to me!
That's the story of Bentley versus Rolls-Royce from the time of the split to VW and BMW ownerships, respectively.

Bentley has become "a bling car" and common (as in, "she's/he's common,") in recent decades in my opinion.

Now, having said that, I actually quite like the new one in the photograph. They've finally found a way to really make the front end design idiom they've been using really sleek. Of course, we'll see one like that in some garish color rolling around the streets or shows (when they start again) in no time flat.

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
sorry off topic , but should a turbo R have fog lights?
That particular style of fog light is on SRH33576 as a factory installed option (as well as red ones in the rear, dropped below the bumper as well). I'd imagine that this carried over as an option for many years.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Bentley has become "a bling car" and common (as in, "she's/he's common,") in recent decades in my opinion.
I'm pretty sure they've been bling for a bit longer. Didn't David Beckham get a driving ban after being caught speeding in a Continental R?

Azures were in several rap videos including ones from Will Smith and Sisqo.

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Remember that the Azure was still available after the split.

It certainly could be "a bit longer," that's for sure. And it was a direct result in a major change in marketing by Bentley.

Right now, it's starting to feel like RR is heading exactly the same way, but with somewhat less speed.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Interesting perspective. I think that those videos pre date the buy out.

My take on RR after the split is that they have about as much in common with the crew cars as the BMW mini has with the one designed by Alec Issigonis or the Chinese made MG SUV's has with the MGB. Bentley is definitely closer to the original brand.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
sorry off topic , but should a turbo R have fog lights?
I am not sure how I can tell if they came from the factory or not....they are “Bosch”.

Kindly,
Stephen

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Bosch foglamps are OEM, red for the rear under the bumper.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi Es
I've looked on the heritage site ,there are no fog lights listed for your car? were they a build option?
Mike
Hi Mike - so we can look up our cars based on VIN number with what was included with the car?

Kindly,
Stephen

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
If there's a way to look up even the "partial build sheet" that Bentley has for the heritage cars on the website I do not know what it is. I know you can call them and they'll email a copy, but those sheets don't even come close to having all the information that the actual build sheets kept by the RREC do.

Crewe did use Bosch fog lights and they were an option. SRH33576 has a dedicated, and clearly factory installed, switch to activate them.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Hi Es
I've looked on the heritage site ,there are no fog lights listed for your car? were they a build option?
Mike
Hi Mike,
I haven't got the build sheet, so not sure. I am practically 100% sure that they're factory installed though.

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Just FYI, (and even though someone did a "home repair" on the rear fog switch), it's pretty apparent that the fog lights on SRH33576 were factory original just based on the dash in the car. I can't imagine there isn't something similar in any that left Crewe that way:

They're Bosch units in white at the front and red at the rear.

Reactions: szdowk
1 - 20 of 31 Posts