Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was almost gone, then another six inches landed today. I'm reduced to sitting in my Spur in the garage, playing the radio, inhaling the grandeur of the leather, and thinking Spring...

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had no problems in snow, haha.
The braking performance in snow is weak, but the chassis is tuned wonderfully, easy to drift and control.
Yes, I have winter tires on.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have no problems with snow driving either, it's the MASSIVE amount of brine that Iowa sprays on all the roads. Even after the roads clear and dry up, there's still a layer of salt dust that flies up in a cloud and covers not just the undercarriage, but the body and everything else. Vehicles here live in a literal salt fog all winter long.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Hi Harpo
Same here, they chuck tons of rock salt on the roads , the grit scratches of the paint so the salt can get to work on the metal underneath grrr
Mike

·
Registered
1999 Rolls-Royce Silver Spur, British Racing Green
65 Posts
They don’t use salt here. We are very environmentally conscious. They spray cranberry juice and put down cinders, tho.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Yes, we've had some here since Monday and I'm ready for 30 degree C weather in Texas.... probably in 2 weeks :)

·
Registered
190 Posts
Yes, we've had some here since Monday and I'm ready for 30 degree C weather in Texas.... probably in 2 weeks :)
Hi alabbasi yes, read my mind...waiting to start my Turbo R. I’ve kept the cover in her.

Kindly,
Stephen

·
Registered
1986 RR Silver Spur, 6.8 Liter, custom 700R4 and more to come
13 Posts
It was almost gone, then another six inches landed today. I'm reduced to sitting in my Spur in the garage, playing the radio, inhaling the grandeur of the leather, and thinking Spring...
If I shovel the 14 inches away from the garage door I could get mine out. As in your case, I go visit my Spur in it's little house. lol Gives us time to shop and plan for the thaw...when it finally comes. It's above freezing today in Illinois for the 1st time in awhile.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts