Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you are new to forums based on the phpBB program, click on the FAQ above for an overview.

When posting a technical question about a particular car be sure to include the chassis number when possible. Some models underwent hundreds of modifications over the course of production and the chassis number can help other members get you the infomation you need.

You are welcome to be friendly, funny, formal, opinionated, even negative. But please keep it clean and never be rude to your fellow Rolls-Royce and Bentley enthusiasts. The finest automobiles in the world deserve the finest forum on the web.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Posting issue.

When I submit a posting I sometimes get this error:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apache/1.3.33 Server at www.rollsroyceforums.com Port 80

It doesn't happen every time. If I go back a screen and refresh the page, my message is there anyway. Explanation??

·
Administrator
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've contacted the hosting provider about this. I get the same message but like you, my post appears anyway.

Hopefully I'll get this straightened out in the next couple days.

·
Administrator
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lew,
I've been working on this issue but haven't come to a resolution yet. However I've also been unable to duplicate it this evening. Have you had this problem today at all?

Regards,
Stirling

·
Administrator
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was on the phone with GoDaddy tonight and they claim to have fixed this problem.

Please post here or send me a message if you are still experiencing error messages when posting.

Thank you for your patience!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Test post

Sorry, got the error again! 02/06/07, 4:04pm EST

It hasn't happened on edits yet.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Stirling said:
Thanks Lew.
I'll get back on the phone to the hosting co. again.

The Server error message still occurs - just happened a minute ago on my first post.

Greets

·
Administrator
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, I'm still working on it. Was reading just this morning about another forum administrator having the same problem - and he was on a GoDaddy server too.

The good news is it always seems to capture the post correctly.

·
Administrator
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The problem continues so in the meantime I've put in a customized 500 Server Error redirect page. The page will tell the user that an error has been encountered but that their post was most likely successful. It will then redirect them back to the forum.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts