Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I’m living in Korea. My car is 1984 rolls Joyce corniche, I have a problem with the bonnet. The middle part of the wire inside of bonnet has broken. So I can not open it. I tried to open it through knee roll part but it doesn’t work. how to opening rolls royce corniche hood with broken release cable
.Any help is very appreciated.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Hi sorry but I don't know of an easy way to open the bonnet without the cable.
Is the any cable left to pull on inside?
good luck
Mike

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
There is a good chance with a little ingenuity one could snag the small arm where the cable connects with a heavy gauge rod/wire and pull downward if it were on a lift. I have a lift and there is certainly enough room and access to accomplish this. I would purchase the new cable in advance

·
Registered
666 Posts
I agree with Wraithman - this is doable with a lot of patience.

I'd invest in an Endoscope. They are cheap to buy, but don't go below 20 dollars - the really cheap ones are very poor. Feed it up from under the car on stiff wire so you can see what you are doing.

On the Silver shadow there are two small arms, one at each end of the bonnet catch connecting rod, so you could look into the possibility of hooking the arm on the other side of the engine bay.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for all your reply. But unfortunately, there is no cable to pull up. Even I have tried to pull and push as dounreay and wirthman using life from the bottom after checking bonnet catch with an endoscope, but I couldn’t open it. I guess the spring which is holding the bonnet is too strong. I am not sure that it will work through the arm part, there is a really small gap. But I will try it! If you know the other way to open it just let me know. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts