Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is any body that runs a Bentley turbo with 255/55/17 tyres running any thing different to Avon or Michelin????

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hi,
I only found Avon for my turbo R
where do you found Michelin tyres please ?

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bonjour,

Vous pouvez acheter Michellin deja demande a Anglaterre. Iles sont £70.00 moins cher.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hi,
many thanks Bentleyman22 for your french answer. :D

Unfortunately, i have already look for michelin tyres in England but i have not found it.

Have you any web site for recommand to me ?

Thanks by advance.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi well I have checked with Michelin and they tell me that there is No stock and don’t know when there going to Make some more I have left my contact details with them and when they let me know I will email you

·
Registered
244 Posts
Many, many thanks Bentleyman :D

Unfortunately they tell me the same thing three months ago ....

I think that mine will work on another one year, but after.... :(

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well back to the tyre thing
As It has got to the point of only having one supplier Avon I have had a chat with my supplier and what where going to do is try a nuthere leading brand Michelin
But move the with of the tyre to 275 and try them
I am desperate for two and a spear so we are going to see if there is enough clearance on the inner wheel arch to take the extra with and don’t affect the lock
If this is ok I am going to fit 2 to the rear and use her for the winter
Before you all go mad at me the compound is the same and the wall is all so the same so all very safe and legal
Pleases remember when these cars where made there wasn’t that many suppliers making big tyres as there is today and all the leading manufactures are making stuff we can fit and as long as it dues the same job as Avon then it must be good for us
Like the brakes this isn’t just about Money it is about having the choice

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
I'm not sure what's available "across the pond", but I'd have to believe Pirelli tires are. Their Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico tires come in 255/55/17 and although they're "truck" tires they're for street use and have a load and speed rating that's more than adequate. They look as though they would appear (and perform) just fine.

Bridgestone Dueler H/L 400 tires are also available in that size, are classed as highway all-season tires, and have adequate load and speed ratings. I don't know if these are marketed outside the U.S., though.

What model year is your Turbo R? Are you using the original wheels or did you change them out?

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks been looking at them
They are available put Pirelli have a lot of road noise and tying to stay away from them but if the Michelins don’t work then will try the Bridgestone
Thanks
:)

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
It appears that there are also several other makers, including Goodyear, that have tires suitable to your application in this size. Click this Tires-Easy.com link to see them.

I realize you likely can't/wouldn't want to order from this company, but it gives you a few more ideas/options.

·
Registered
244 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
"puling me " what it means please ? :?:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Sorry my english is so bad, many thanks.

You don't care about that with frenchies, it's only for french cars and french MOT. :lol:

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I find if you don’t upset them they will help you more
And any way with Tyres it isn’t worth taking the risk the W is Hire Speed rated

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Good morning
Hope you had a Good New Year
I have been offered some Avon 255/55/17 tyres there £240.00 +vat +delivery
I haven’t seen new ones at this price and the dealer said that there are only 20 left in the UK
I know him so don’t see him saying funny thing to get a sale
Just throat of you
Michael

1 - 19 of 19 Posts