Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

I have at the moment 3 Avon TurboSteel 255/65/15 which are about 1/4 worn - and generally in VERY good condition, and three older ones which are also about 1/4 worn but have cracks around the edges and the pre-MOT fellow said they are borderline as to whether they should pass/fail - but he reckoned perfectly serviceable as spares.

So.

I am either selling three good ones - in which case I will buy a new set of rims and 17" tyres **OR** I am in the market to buy ONE more 255/65/15 Avon with at least half the treat left.

So, if anyone wants to sell 1 tyre or buy 1,2 or 3 tyres, please do let me know! (If anyone buys the tyres, for each good one, they can have a cracky one as a serviceable spare for free if they want it)

I also have three original 15" rims for sale either way (might find four if the price is right). Good condition including key / locking trims for centre so no silly offers for the rims please.

Also happy to do a swap - tyre for rim etc if someone wants to replace a damaged rim - and happy to yield a tyre in exchange.

If anyone is interested in doing a deal, please let me know what you reckon is fair. I am not looking to either fleece anyone - or to be fleeced. Best offer by the weekend (if I get more than one!) gets first refusal - and very happy to answer any questions in the meantime.

PS: Have found a courier - interparcel.com which means we can get tyres rims sent around the country for a **LOT** less than Post Office wants - and certainly tyres aren't too fragile :)

Kind Regards

Mark

·
Registered
71 Posts
Re: Tyres - buying 1 OR selling 3 - you decide! (+4 rims f/

When in doubt, throw it out -- my motto.

Get 4 new ones.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

enjoythemusic said:
When in doubt, throw it out -- my motto.

Get 4 new ones.

I don't mind throwing out three tyres with some cracking going on - but I'm not throwing away the other three perfectly good Turbospeed CV27 tyres with 3/4 of the tread remaining!

·
Registered
71 Posts

Ahhh yes, if the others are fine AND their date of manufacturer code is under five years ago then by all means keep them.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh dear, how dull.

Just in case any grown-ups who can read as well as write are watching, I am interested in SELLING three or BUYING one.

Not keeping three.

Sorry if I didn't make it clear. Oh and if you are selling one in good
condition and it is over five years old, I am still perfectly interested - just like about everyone else who does live up their own fundament.

As for my tyres, if the date code is important to you, then I probably cannot help you - but also beware the set-aside tyres for all the old classics - many of which are still on the stockroom shelf and evidently unusable as they wee made more than five years ago.

Muppet

So this doesn't get too tedious, I will answer any intelligent queries by PM but will abandon this thread to the wise ass.

·
Registered
71 Posts
GuyMark,

Apologies, i obviously read incorrectly what you were posting and mixed it up to you seeking to buy and not sell. It has been extremely busy here and all that. Though yes, dates codes are important of course as anything over 5 years old are tires not safe imho. Again, apologies for the confusion on my part.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Happily accepted

...and would have acknowledge sooner had I spotted the reply - not been on for ages.

Likewise, I perhaps ought to have made myself clearer so my apologies offered too.

Have fun, take care
Mark

1 - 7 of 7 Posts