Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Have you got a feed to the coil?

The fuel metering plate seizes, but you should still have a spark.

There shouldn't be an immobiliser other than an alarm unit in the engine compartment. ( Cobra, Scorpion, or similar)

You could really do with a manual because there are too many things to mention on here. Google Rolls-Royce workshop manuals and you should find a few sources. They are on DVD and cheap - don't bother trying to buy a paper copy!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Congratulations!

Now you are the proud owner of a brand new looking Turbo R have you thought about joining the Rolls Royce and Bentley Enthusiasts Club? www.rrec.org
The annual rally is at Rockingham on 18th-20th June. I am sure there would be great interest in your car.

Enjoy your Bentley!

·
Registered
47 Posts
It is good to know that your engine is back in running order.
From your posting it is unclear if you have addressed other areas of the car. If not, may I offer a few words of caution?
I hope you have checked out the brakes before considering taking the car out on a road. After standing for some years I would be very suspicious of the condition of the brakes. I would suggest that the work associated with a 'big' service would be appropriate.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would echo the comment by lordphi. My Bentley of the same age and having over 100,000 miles on the clock had covered only 370 miles in the year prior to my purchase and very soon after a high pressure brake hose failed. I think the rubber components of the car can suffer the most from lack of use.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts