Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Hi!
I think so - the transient boost is now working, after I changed the TPS and adjusted the throttle linkage.
You can certainly feel the boost then!
What I'm not so sure about, is the boost under "normal" conditions. Refitting the boost gauge is on the to-do list, I'll be able to observe it better then.

Cheers

Es

·
Registered
440 Posts
Gentlemen,

I posted about this while ago…but while cruising at say 80 mph and I floor it…my engine really pulls strong but at higher speeds my engine cuts out or hesitates….I’ve replaced all the spark plugs and wires and 1 injector….I do not have this problem when I am cruising at 75 and go to pass and I am suddenly at 90.

Any thoughts? Is it possible that the ambient boost control is kicking in? While driving out in West Texas and it’s flat and no one is around…speed limit is 80-85…and I kick it up to 115-120 for a short run…it does this hesitation….but at normal cruising speeds this doesn’t happen.

Kindly,
Stephen

·
Registered
440 Posts
Check Bentley Heritage for the exact parts in your car. Some have 2 parallel Bosch filters in the rear.
Solid copy. Sorry Wraithman - if I had a penny for every time you told me about that…it’s appreciated.

v/r,
Stephen

81 - 92 of 92 Posts