Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my SCII back from the paint shop so I was now checking all fluids..

The manual says the transmission fluid dip stick is in under front seat.. which side?

I lifted the carpet and there is black felt, bolted and appears to be glued down..

I don't want to rip up everything looking for the dipstick. if someone can point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
It is not under the seat. It is under the front carpet to the right of center. Lift the carpet and you should see an oblongish black rubber plug. Pry the plug up and it should reveal the end of the dipstick. Clean the area before taking out the dipstick to avoid letting crud drop into the gearbox.
Leho

·
Registered
79 Posts
Sorry, using only my memory as the source of information is not as reliable as it used to be.
The oblongish screwed on metal plate is the access for the band adjustment and pressure monitoring tap. The dipstick is under the ROUND rubber bung just to the right of the this plate.
Leho

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Leho.. is it right of center on both LH and RH drive cars?
my SC is right hand driver

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yes, since it is the same gearbox for LH and RH drives, it is to the right of center for both.
For a picture, go to www.rrtechnical.info and download Chapter 2, Sections 1 and 2 of TSD2042 (the gearbox workshop manual). Fig 21 in Section 1 and Fig 27 in Section 2 show the location of the diptube. The figures show a LH drive, but no matter since its the same for both.
BTW, what is the chassis number of your SC2 and are you satified with the repaint? What colours did you choose?
Leho

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My chassis number is SAE421

I'm pretty pleased with the paint, there was a lot of work hiding underneath an old re-paint done years ago... gave the guy fits with the lead work done, and getting patch panels to take care of the rust correctly

1 - 6 of 6 Posts