Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my turn for help
Messing about with her last week I was cleaning the rubbish out around the traction control unit and disconnected it cleaned it out so there isn’t a problem with in the system
I had to move the car and forgot to connect it back up so I have the trac lamp on
Any way of putting it out with out taking it to Main dealer?
:roll:

·
Registered
244 Posts
You need probably the mastercheck to erase the default,
but, perhaps, try to disconnect the batterie during one night by example,
and tell us what happen, it would be helpful ...

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
bentleyman22,

What year and model? I honestly cannot remember.

If it's a 1996 or newer you can clear codes with most CAN/OBD-II readers beyond the most basic.

If it's prior to 1996 there may be a "clear sequence" that can be done without the MasterCheck box, but I'm not certain of that.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
she is a 1997 and has the big master check plug in the glove box
i was told you can do it on the trip buttons but cant remember

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
bentleyman22, would you PM me or e-mail me at guyslp at gmail.com?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Very interesting post.
I've the same car than you Bentleymann, a 97 British with the big master check plug in the glove box.
I'm asking me since a long time if it is a CAN/OBD-II like the same year American models with a OBD-II plug ?

For the trip button I've the description of these utility,
I'm going to look for it in fews minutes for you. :wink:

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is quite interesting driving with total lack of TC it lets you play with all her power
I am nit shore what she has
I don’t think it is can /obd I was looking in to it last year but everybody I spoke to didn’t know and as I have been stuck with work so maybe it is time that we all tried to find out

·
Registered
244 Posts
Leloarer said:
I'm going to look for it in fews minutes for you. :wink:
Sorry i can't find it now, but i know i've it.
I'll try later .

Since i'm looking for, I think I've find all the branching connect pins on the big plug for OBD II informations.

·
Registered
244 Posts
bentleyman22 said:
i was told you can do it on the trip buttons but cant remember
Here is ;

For a BENTLEY Turbo R 4 doors ;

For the ARC it's the I feature :wink:

·
Registered
221 Posts
traction control unit

May be a bit late as you may have sorted , need mastercheck to put out lights. not able to do them on the trip button in car. may be able to clear fault by disconnecting fuse in boot left hand side, small fuse holder with 5/6 fuses in pull abs fuse out and leave out for 10 mins or so. Could try disconnecting battery for a while that might do it.
May have picked up dirt on abs sensors that can cause light to come, traction faults are much more sensitive than abs faults

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well my present arrived it the post today Thanks B (TSD6000)
I have had a look at it and this is going to be fun
Frenchy mite need some help with this as I am going to build a scan tool for us to use
So wish me luck I thing I am going it need it

·
Registered
244 Posts
bentleyman22 said:
Frenchy mite need some help
If you speak about me,
I would have prefered Frenchy mate, because I don't eat wool :D
Or only RR carpets ... :mrgreen:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Traction Control light

Hi Micheal,just was wondering if you ever solved the problem of the traction control light being on when you had the Turbo R?,mine came on last weekend after I went over a Speed Hump( very slowly)also I have lost your Phone No when I changed my phone last week,and I cannot ring you,but on a lighter note I sold my XJ8 last weekend,and was supposed to sell the Silver Spirit to a man from Italy who came to Britain but got detterred when travelling up North by the weather and the trafffic ,but was prepared to offer me £1000 less if he continued his journey lol cheers for now hope to hear from you soon.Regards Ernie

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi You Need to Connect the OBD that i sent you and then you can see what is going on my fault was the speed censer on the Gearbox this replaced and cleared OBD Problem solved
this is the Company for the Parts
Westminster Auto Spares
Carl 07501615746
Yard 01977684509
and they take Card as payment

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks for the Info I am going to try to have a go at the car this week,Weather permitting as we have had Rain,Sleet and Fog for the last 2 weeks .Will let you know how I get on.regards Ernie

1 - 18 of 18 Posts