Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Super !

Are you sure you have a 3 speen and not a 4 speed ?
Because end 91, some cars have the shift at the steering wheel but have the 4L80 E .

What does your screen show for gear ? D / 3 / 2 .... or D /2 /1....... ?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Makes more sense to me too, but I did read the "TPS-theory" either on this or the Australian forum!
The switch behind the pedal is not mentioned at engine electronic circuit... Ahhhh... Probably... because it is just a part of gearbox circiut ;) I though, that signal for gearbox is sourced in engine ECU, so I was wrong ;) It is more classical construction.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Hi again Jean,

Mine is P-R-N-D-I-L

Also, I just read the blink codes and, surprise, surprise, "Full Load Switch" pops up....
I guess I'll replace the TPS after all!
Is there a trick to getting at it, as it's quite well hidden? Getting it out shouldn't be a problem, but fitting the 2 screws should be tricky... Does it make sense to remove the "rail" that's on the LH valve cover?

Cheers

Es

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
If you disrupt a fuel rail, do your homework because if you come across an "O" ring it may not seal again and therefore require replacement. It may create a fuel leak, maybe not now but perhaps on the road when the engine is hot.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Hi!
Not the fuel rail, but rather the metal that covers a bunch of cables (and also an actual fuel rail).
Or is there another clever way of getting at the TPS?

21 - 27 of 27 Posts