Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4,630 Posts
The torque tightening figure for your lug nuts is 50 ft-lbs.

You really, really don't want to go to 90 ft-lbs. This can wreak havoc on the brass lug nuts, among other things.

Not that you don't already know this, but it's useful to put out there, but pay very careful attention to the the thread direction on the lug nuts on each wheel. Some wheels are righthand thread while others are lefthand.

The 50 ft-lbs figure was used all the way through the Shadow series.

· Registered
4,630 Posts
qictrk said:
Wow, thanks Brian. It's hard to believe that the torque numbers are so low. My current vehicle takes 145 lbs.
What a difference. I was going to set them at 100 but I could tell that I was at a point that the threads were about to let go.
Again, many thanks, Cecil............
I agree that this figure is very low when compared to automobiles of the present. There are quite a few horror stories out there about screwed up lug nuts and warping due to "overly ambitious" tire changers using air wrenches that go way beyond factory spec for tightening. This is definitely a case where more is not better!

Since my Shadow II has never lost its wheels when using the recommended tightening. . .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.