Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello gentlemen,

I realize this may be a pointless post but was curious if anyone has taken their Turbo R to maximum speed and if so, what was that speed?

These cars are becoming quite seasoned and it’s obviously not worth putting all that pressure on the engine and the rest of the components in the car….but just wondering…if you don’t want to post, PM me…I completely understand.

Kindly,
Stephen

·
Registered
366 Posts
Hmmm... Those cars are 22+ years old. I believe, that people that tried to check max speed, quite fast sell those cars to a scrap with blew-out head gaskets, broken connecting rods, faulty compressors, etc.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For me it would depend on how many Weetabix I ate before I began pushing.
Lol - I had to lookup up what “Weetabix” is…was thinking it was a fancy treat from the “Queens Land”…lol.

Kindly,
Stephen

Reactions: Jeff R 1

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a car magazine article that I posted here some time ago that suggests that the CIS injected cars will do 145mph.
I found this quote, compliments of Car and Driver back in 1994, “After all, the Bentley Turbo R will propel itself from rest to 60 mph in 6.4 seconds, and through the quarter-mile in 14.9 seconds at 93 mph. In our hands, the car also ran a 146-mph top speed, and stopped from 70 mph in just 171 feet.”

I believe the 94’ had less power…pretty impressive.

Kindly,
Stephen

·
Registered
80 Posts
According to the site I get a lot of my information from about these cars, Marinus Rijkers' Rolls-Royce Silver Spirit, the top speed was 155mph from MY 1996. I can't find a source for it right now but I also believe this top speed is limited, and theoretically the car could go faster.

Personally I'll never get anywhere near that in mine, though like @mikebentleyturbo2 part of me would like to take it to a runway and see what it can do.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
According to the site I get a lot of my information from about these cars, Marinus Rijkers' Rolls-Royce Silver Spirit, the top speed was 155mph from MY 1996. I can't find a source for it right now but I also believe this top speed is limited, and theoretically the car could go faster.

Personally I'll never get anywhere near that in mine, though like @mikebentleyturbo2 part of me would like to take it to a runway and see what it can do.
Hello friend,

Thank you - I’ve been bitten by the Bentley Bug and continue to be amazed. I ordered my springs, bushings, spark plugs and ignition wires so I am sure she will be a different car (hopefully) all together. I just can’t see pushing this car past 2 RPMs for high speed runs…passing may be a different story.

Kindly,
Stephen

1 - 9 of 9 Posts