Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Bonjour, j'ai besoin de votre aide. Versez ma Shadow 2.
J'ai la voiture qui se noie dans l'essence. La rouille avait complètement rongé le réservoir de carburant. Tout a été remplacé. La voiture a démarré après remplacement des pièces puis'est arrêté immédiatement. La pompe à essence a été changée ainsi que le filtre à essence. Bougies et changement d'huile. il y a de l'allumage mais trop d'essence le moteur tousse mais ne peut pas démarrer

Translation: Hello, I need your help for my Shadow 2.
I have the car drowning in gasoline. Rust had completely eaten away at the fuel tank. Everything has been replaced. The car was started after replacing parts and then stopped immediately. The fuel pump has been changed as well as the fuel filter. Spark plugs and oil change. there is ignition but too much gasoline the engine coughs but cannot start

IMG_7864.jpeg
Les cylindres d'essence Pleins Sont et l'essence des genre sur la tuyaux photo noirs. Avez-vous une idée qui me sauverait ? Merci d'avance
The full gas cylinders are and gasoline of the kind on the photo black pipes. Do you have an idea that would save me? thank you in advance

·
Registered
40 Posts
I suggest that the inlet needle valves in the carburettors have dirt in them, from the rusty tank. If they are letting too much fuel into the carburettors, it will cause the problem you describe.

Alan D.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Below the carburettor is a button to lift the piston. If you push it up and down you must feel the piston go up and down freely. If not, maybe the top covers are exchanged or the pistons exchanged left to right. The top and the piston is matched and must not be confused. If that is OK:-
Take the tops off the carburettors (4 screws), note which way round to refit them and care not to bend the needle. Look down into the carb to see the jet, a round hole in a brass tube. The fuel level should be below the jet, so no fuel should flow out of the hole, with ignition switched on to work the fuel pump.

Alan D.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Merci beaucoup ! après démontage plein de poussière de rouille à l'intérieur... Le moteur tourne mais le ralenti est instable et le moteur cale

·
Super Moderator
825 Posts
Then you'll likely have dirt preventing the float needle valve from closing or a sunk float. I've seen several HIF's with cracked floats that have filled with fuel and sunk so the float needle won't close off the fuel going into the float chamber.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts