Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Am in need of some community advice.

I've spent thousands over the last year trying to get my rack rebuilt and working but am still back at step one. I need to get this rack rebuilt for a third time or get a new one, but before I do anything I need to determine something before I go and spend more and end up with the same result yet again. The one thing that was done by the initial rack fitter before the rack rebuilds started failing was an alignment. A visual look at the wheels tells me they're way off after this alignment, with both front wheels pointing outwards at the front.

My questions is - could this be the possible cause of failure on my rebuilt rack, given that the entire stress through the wheels onto the rack is through the two bolts connecting the inner ball joint bracket to the rack, and this is exactly where the leaking is pouring out?

Would love to hear opinions before I take the next step and just repeat problems at more expense. Could this misalignment cause the rack seals to fail?

Thanks all.

·
Registered
385 Posts
IMHO it is possible, but you should also measure and check dimensions of front part of frame or body, whatever is specified in manuals.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Like you said in the title , there should be maybe a little toe in not toe out!
all you need is a peice of tought string should just touch both sides of rear and front tyres on both sides.
Mike

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Most of the stress occurs when stationary and trying to manuever. The alignment specs are in the WM.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts