Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’m debating thinning the herd as I have way more cars that I know what to do with. Some of them are RR/Bentley projects that are so far down the road, it's hard to justify keeping them.

The list includes:

1. 4x Silver Shadow 2's , all either 79 or 80 and 2 are Euro cars, 2 run (but not great)
  2. 1 x 94 Continental R with 10500 miles. The body is ruined from the CA mud slides but the engine and interior look perfect
  3. 1 x 01 Azure – This is a Mulliner wide body car that caught fire so everything under the hood is roasted
My plan was to fix the azure using the continental but as I’m ahead with some of my other RR/Bentley projects, I’d rather focus my attention on those.

I'm inclined to dismantle these cars vs selling them outright. I have found that especially with local interest, you end up burning more hours showing cars to non serious buyers that you would to just take them apart, and taking things apart in many cases is a very good way to learn a car.

Is there any interest in parts? What’s worth sticking on Ebay?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
You can definitely make a lot more dismantling SY series cars for parts than you will ever get for one in other than the very finest condition as a whole car. And if they're on the "very iffy" side for rehabilitation I'd certainly consider parting them out. The problem with that is unless you have long term storage, and I mean really long term storage, it's almost impossible to part out one of these cars to the extent that you'd likely feel OK about having done it.

You might also consider selling to one of the specialty parter-outers for these cars if any are still in business. I haven't actually tried contacting any of those that have been listed in my resources file in many years.

Reactions: J.M.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The problem with that is unless you have long term storage, and I mean really long term storage, it's almost impossible to part out one of these cars to the extent that you'd likely feel OK about having done it.
I do have a warehouse building where I can put this stuff on the shelf. I need to get better about inventorying stuff. When I moved in 5 years ago, it screwed everything up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts