1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to you all
I have been thinking all RR Bentley owners need to bring this forum to life
It is a nicely laid out and I think we all need to support it
I have a Bentley RT 1997 there is I photo in hear well last week I wasn’t in a good mood when a idiot doing 40mph an the A303 I pushed the big stick back in to third and waited and waited by this time I was furious so I pushed the fun button as that is what it is suppose to be there for and pushed the big stick in to second well he moved over so off we went foot flat on the floor then in to third and bang limped in to the service to have a lissen shore enough tap tap coming from her and only on 7 cylinders so of to the pub to think and con sider how stupid I was
Well took it to work yesterday and started to strip it thinking valves at least well got to the rocker covers 3 hours later and there are 2 very shiny bits sticking out next to the rocker arms on bank 1 No 4
So I out they came and 1 bent and the other snapped off ( push rods)
So it was off to the pub to celebrate
Michael

·
Registered
78 Posts
at least it was only the pushrods. still shame you got all the pesky plenum chambers and ram pipes. Don't mean to teach old ladies to suck eggs but make sure you use a good mastic on the ram pipe seals or you will get no end of air leaks down the line.

All the best Matt

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Mat
In a way I am happy as you mentioned ram pipes there all loos so she was sucking air on all of them
All so I have had a brake presser issue so I can strip and clean the pumps as I thing one of them is sticking so all isn’t lost
Michael

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I think I was a lucky Boy
I decided to carry on striping as I could not find the peace that snapped off
So removed the chest and fond hydraulic lifter had jump out and was sitting on the ledge
New parts arriving Thursday so something to do this weekend

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From BCI we have been using him for Years
I have been doing some investigations in to your company and you are held in High respect (big Head)
Any help on brakes is appreciated
Michael

1 - 7 of 7 Posts