Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, My windscreen wiper will not switch off and I think the fault lies in the parking switch, they appear to be very difficult to fit so I a looking at replacing the motor unit. Does anybody know if there is a shared motor available? I am sure Rolls Royce probably used an existing market product which might be easier to source. Any suggestions welcome. Thanks vey much. Get

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
The workshop manual has a detailed section on wiper motor issues and settings.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The workshop manual has a detailed section on wiper motor issues and settings.
Hi, yes i read it and it was wrong. The manual was clear, if the wipers will not switch off it said the wiper control unit needs replacing. So I did that, at a cost but still they would not switch off, I even replaced the dashboard switch but still they would not switch off. However when i opened up the wiper motor unit I noticed that the little plastic nipple on the parking switch was broken. So when I pushed that down the motor finally stopped. In honesty I just need to replace the parking switch, but it looks very delicate so I will just replace the motor. Thanks

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
If you can get the part number from the wiper motor or the park switch I think from memory that I read somewhere that Land Rover Defender used the same part but I can't seem to find the details now.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I think I've found it at SC Parts Group, their part no. 315472. Don't know the Lucas part number. I reckon any of the Land Rover parts suppliers should have it too. I've never fitted one of these so can't vouch that they're identical but probably worth further investigation.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
That's a pity. The genuine original part seems very expensive. Even at Westminster Autos a second hand one costs over £150.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Reactions: Gez

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's a pity. The genuine original part seems very expensive. Even at Westminster Autos a second hand one costs over £150.
I have been waiting months for them to get one in, so I now need to just get one and be done.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts