Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a good source for rear sub frame dampers for a 20,000 series Spur?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hello Lew

How about these from Flying Spares www.flyingspares.com here in the UK. The listing says
1001- SUBFRAME DAMPER (BENTLEY CARS) UR73254 £99.09
Don't know if they are the same for the Spur. You could phone them I suppose.

However, how about something like this on www.ebay.co.uk . I'm sure you may have something similar on Ebay.com. Look up item number 140134378235 (UK Ebay). It may just suffice and its a damn site cheaper. Maybe you could email the guy to get some proper dimensions, but it certainly looks to be in the right ball park.

Anyway, just trying to help.

Cheers... Rob.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,

I'll take a look at them. I have bought from Flying Spares before. The problem with buying from the UK is that shipping to the US usually costs enough to to knock out any savings from purchasing locally.

·
Registered
31 Posts
UR73254 rear subframe damper dimensions

Any news on alternate shocks that will work? Is there a brand name ond number written on these that someone can post here?
They make all different sizes at this company:

Anybody know length/diameter info? Obviously $150 each is not an affordable price.

·
Registered
17 Posts
"I've never seen a substitute for sale at a lower cost and there should be. The Rolls-Royce dealers are selling "aftermarket" dampers for high prices. These dampers are such a simple thing, keep looking, somewhere we should be able to buy "aftermarket ones for realistic prices.....we need to find out the company who is making the "aftermarket" dampers.....
Gerry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts