Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1989 Silver Spur #25285 Removing the starter.. The 2 bolts in the front I removed. The one in the back was already out. The starter will not budge, it's so tight it feels as though the bolts have not been removed. I'm concerned how hard and where to tap/hit/pry to separate. All help welcomed

·
Super Moderator
827 Posts
Are you absolutely sure the third starter bolt is out? There is a bellhousing bolt that is very close to the starter bolt that could be mistaken for the starter bolt. The starter should fall out if all three bolts are out. I suspect the third starter bolt is still attached.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you absolutely sure the third starter bolt is out? There is a bellhousing bolt that is very close to the starter bolt that could be mistaken for the starter bolt. The starter should fall out if all three bolts are out. I suspect the third starter bolt is still attached.
[/QUOTE
Thank you very much, no I'm not sure at all. On the front side at about 11 o'clock I removed a 8mm Allen head bolt, at about 5 o'clock I removed a (I think a 13mm) bolt. I located the one (almost impossible to get to one)in the back at 12 o'clock that screws in towards the front , this bolt was not in here ,it had already been removed. Tomorrow I'll be back under it looking to see if I removed the bellhousing bolt.. the 5 o'clock bolt I couldn't see, it was all feel, my uncle is bringing some type of camera to look up in there where we can't see. Any other input?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you very much, no I'm not sure at all. On the front side at about 11 o'clock I removed a 8mm Allen head bolt, at about 5 o'clock I removed a (I think a 13mm) bolt. I located the one (almost impossible to get to one)in the back at 12 o'clock that screws in towards the front , this bolt was not in here ,it had already been removed. Tomorrow I'll be back under it looking to see if I removed the bellhousing bolt.. the 5 o'clock bolt I couldn't see, it was all feel, my uncle is bringing some type of camera to look up in there where we can't see. Any other input?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all very much, It is only a 2 bolt. I finally got it, Jim you were right, i had pulled the bellhousing bolt, once I located another Allen head and removed it it came right out. Thanks to all for your input

1 - 5 of 5 Posts