Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our 1985 Spur NAF13144 has been a delight for nearly two decades and ~90,000 miles. Currently, I'm tackling the climate system. The air volume from the dash in our 1971, 1974 and 1978 Shadows will blow your hat off, but the Spur will barely flutter a candle.

I've found a couple of flaps that are off their hinges due to perished grommets (UD11158), so I'm renewing those. I've disassembled deep enough to see that the AC evaporator and heater matrix are not clogged with junk, nor are the screens (UD24408) just inside the blower fans. All the actuators seem to be functioning smoothly and quietly; cleaning and lubricating them is rather straightforward. Other than a frayed wire or poor connection somewhere, I suspect the Servo Assembly or the Fan Speed Module might not be sending a full 12V to the fans.

Are the Servo Assembly, the Fan Speed Module, and so on are generally robust and reliable? Perhaps there's some component that is prone to issues that should attract my attention.

Cheers!!!

Car Vehicle Tire Plant Land vehicle

·
Registered
784 Posts
Setting it to defrost will bypass the fan speed module; if you get good airflow there then it's not that.

I think the mechanical side of the servo is pretty robust, the electronics side less-so.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts