Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As of about 10 minutes ago none of the message composition controls would work (e.g., insert hyperlink, font formatting, etc.) I logged out and logged back in again and now they're completely absent from the area above the composition window and drag and drop file attaching is not working. If you "Go Advanced" it changes nothing and there is no ability to attach files via the usual button that pops up a selection dialog. Something's wildly amiss. It now seems that I can't post, either. I'm hoping that this edit will work so that I can mention this, otherwise I'm stuck.

·
Administrator
44 Posts
As of about 10 minutes ago none of the message composition controls would work (e.g., insert hyperlink, font formatting, etc.) I logged out and logged back in again and now they're completely absent from the area above the composition window and drag and drop file attaching is not working. If you "Go Advanced" it changes nothing and there is no ability to attach files via the usual button that pops up a selection dialog. Something's wildly amiss. It now seems that I can't post, either. I'm hoping that this edit will work so that I can mention this, otherwise I'm stuck.
Let me see if I can respond to your message, Brian
Heya guys can you try refreshing the browser a few times and see if it happens again?

They had some open tickets today on the site which might have caused the glitch while they were working on it.

Jeff M

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just a test... I seem to be seeing the various controls ok.
I don't. While I'm now able to reply with quote, and just did, the quoted material is showing up as BBCode and I have no controls whatsoever visible above the message composition area.

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just a test... I seem to be seeing the various controls ok.
Still can't do a quick reply at all. The controls appear there but cannot be activated. I can drag and drop a file for attaching but the message cannot be posted via the usual button.

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This quick reply is coming from MS-Edge, rather than Firefox. I do seem to have access to the controls and can turn the BBCode display on/off with the button that's at the upper right corner.

I am being forbidden to do a drag and drop attachment. When the small image file is dragged over the "Drag files" area a small popup icon of the classic "no circle in red with a strike through it" appears.

I have been using Firefox since my first days on this particular forum.

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This quick reply is coming from MS-Edge, rather than Firefox. I do seem to have access to the controls and can turn the BBCode display on/off with the button that's at the upper right corner.

I am being forbidden to do a drag and drop attachment. When the small image file is dragged over the "Drag files" area a small popup icon of the classic "no circle in red with a strike through it" appears.

I have been using Firefox since my first days on this particular forum.
Just tried a Quick Reply to this message from Chrome, which is where I'm typing from now. It does not take me to the Quick Reply box when I hit the button, which is the same in Firefox, and I cannot hit the "Submit Quick Reply" button or have any of the controls work.

With this quoted response I'm in BBCode display mode and there are no controls whatsoever above the compose area.

Drag and drop attaching is working.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Or not. The images were shown in the drag and drop area but they're certainly not attached on that last message.

·
Administrator
44 Posts
I don't. While I'm now able to reply with quote, and just did, the quoted material is showing up as BBCode and I have no controls whatsoever visible above the message composition area.
Still can't do a quick reply at all. The controls appear there but cannot be activated. I can drag and drop a file for attaching but the message cannot be posted via the usual button.
Just tried a Quick Reply to this message from Chrome, which is where I'm typing from now. It does not take me to the Quick Reply box when I hit the button, which is the same in Firefox, and I cannot hit the "Submit Quick Reply" button or have any of the controls work.

With this quoted response I'm in BBCode display mode and there are no controls whatsoever above the compose area.

Or not. The images were shown in the drag and drop area but they're certainly not attached on that last message.
I see the images and can you screen shot of what you are missing?

Jeff M

·
Administrator
153 Posts
sounds like it's a script on the skin that's being disrupted. are you using adblock?

Lee

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
sounds like it's a script on the skin that's being disrupted. are you using adblock?

Lee
Under Firefox and Chrome, yes. If the site ceases to function in the presence of an adblocker then I will say, in advance, that I'm out. I've been using Adblock Plus for almost as long as it has existed, and without issue on this site. This response is using quotation and what I see on the post from last night where I attached files is the bold text, "Attached Files," with nothing beneath it rather than the two thumbnails. Brian P.S. As you can see even when I type quotation marks around something they're not appearing as such and the line breaks that I'm inserting are being purged and everything pulled into one long paragraph as well. This P.S. will probably be pulled right after my name even though I have double spaced before editing to add this.

·
Administrator
153 Posts
Under Firefox and Chrome, yes. If the site ceases to function in the presence of an adblocker then I will say, in advance, that I'm out. I've been using Adblock Plus for almost as long as it has existed, and without issue on this site. This response is using quotation and what I see on the post from last night where I attached files is the bold text, "Attached Files," with nothing beneath it rather than the two thumbnails. Brian P.S. As you can see even when I type quotation marks around something they're not appearing as such and the line breaks that I'm inserting are being purged and everything pulled into one long paragraph as well. This P.S. will probably be pulled right after my name even though I have double spaced before editing to add this.
you don't need to remove adblocker. We recently updated the new skin's script to include our branding and for some reason it was automatically blocked by adblock plugins. this is not an ad script, just our name: verticalscope. so if you're using ABP, please whitelist our site name. like this:

Thank you.

Lee

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lee,

With Adblock Plus disabled it makes no difference. As I keep checking through my "cyber armor" I've found that verticalscope is also being identified by Ghostery as an advertising tracker.

If this is not the case then you need to take it up with the folks at Adblock Plus and Ghostery. If they're tagging you inappropriately then a removal request should be honored, and if they're tagging you so will a lot of other products.

If the way they're characterizing verticalscope is, however, accurate then that's a whole different ball of wax.

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, someone has been doing some coding or related prestidigitation behind the scenes. Today things are back to normal with these forums without anything having been changed in the configuration on my end of things.

Much appreciated.

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, I lied: I hadn't turned Ghostery back on again. If I do that I'm back where I started unless I unblock Verticalscope, which is noted as an advertising tracker.

I've unblocked it, though, and that alone seems to do the trick. It's got nothing to do with Adblock Plus, which does have an entry related to Verticalscope but regarding Java scripts.

·
Administrator
44 Posts
Hi Brian
They probably switched it off and back on again lol
Mike
Well, I lied: I hadn't turned Ghostery back on again. If I do that I'm back where I started unless I unblock Verticalscope, which is noted as an advertising tracker.

I've unblocked it, though, and that alone seems to do the trick. It's got nothing to do with Adblock Plus, which does have an entry related to Verticalscope but regarding Java scripts.
Heya guys,

Are you still having the issues mentioned above or are they sorted?

Jeff M

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Things remain functional for me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts