Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received a private e-mail from someone trying to register for this site. I presumed he had to be doing something that was "operator error" so I decided to try to register again with a new userid and e-mail address to see if I could get this to go through. It didn't.

I am attaching three screen shots from Microsoft Edge which is what I was using during the registration.

The first screen is perfectly normal and I chose e-mail verification. No e-mail ever arrived and I am positive I did not fat-finger the e-mail address.

The second is what came up after hitting the "Register" button. Notice the message, which makes no sense given that I asked for e-mail verification to begin with.

The third is what came up after I clicked the "link" link in that message. I never got further because I had another system issue crop up that required my immediate attention.

I should never have gotten to the third screen to begin with, given my initial choices.

Can someone please check into what's happening, or not happening, as the case may be?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cleared cookies as per your request. Just FYI, I do not use Edge regularly so cookies should not have been an issue anyway.

I have just replicated, exactly, the same issue under Chrome with the screen shots attached. I do not have any add-ons in Edge so they cannot logically be the cause for the same behavior under Chrome, where I do have add-ons.

Something is wrong, definitely wrong, and while I understand that you can't replicate it at the moment it's happening to more than just me.

Also, I don't have an infinite supply of "junk e-mail addresses" so if you'd like me to continue making attempts for you please nuke the existing BPV and BPV2 partial registrations so I can go through the motions again without needing to have an additional e-mail address. I have been sitting in the yahoo address I used for the BPV2 attempt for at least 15 minutes now and no e-mail has been received. None was ever received for the BPV attempt. Clicking that "link" link gets the same pop-up, and if I enter the respective username and password I just set up it takes me no further and just comes right back to the same dialog box asking me to enter username and password again.

I have not bothered to attach the first registration page again because, other than the chosen username and e-mail address, it is entirely the same as the first attempt. I have added, though, a page that comes up immediately after that one, but then disappears after a few moments when the page with the "link" link is displayed.

Attachments

·
Administrator
153 Posts
Hi,

It seems like there was a notice set up for the sms verification. I have disabled that notice so that it should no longer show to members who have just registered.

~Sheena

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But there's another problem - no verification e-mails are being sent. I have never received one for either of my attempted tests with BPV or BPV2. Thus, those registrations are not complete (not that they need to be, but you get the point). If it is possible to nuke those "registrations in progress" I would be happy to start trying to register from scratch to see if the process is working again. As it stands, it's impossible for anyone to become a new member.

·
Administrator
153 Posts
Deleted those 2 test accounts, and did a test registration of my own. Didn't get the email either. Sending in a ticket to have this looked at. Case #1995648

Kevin

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kevin,

If you wish for me to retest after you get some response on that ticket let me know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts