Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '83 Spur needs to have the starter replaced. Can anyone help me with directions to accomplish same? Any directions would be deeply appreciated!

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Hi and Welcome
Just disconnect the power and remove??
I don’t understand what you mean?
A rebuild of the starter or just getting it out
Michael

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Michael!

I haven't lifted the car yet. Someone told me that you had to remove bodywork, etc. I'm most interested in finding out if there are any special procedures required or if it's just a simple removal. I'll probably replace it with a special high torque unit, which is smaller in size. Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Very easy
Like Michael said.
No bodywork to remove or magic about this.
If you go back with a high torque the B+ cable will need a little manipulation.
Also not difficult.
While I like the high torque upgrade. It is not required. You can also have the starter rebuilt and still get good service for years.

Sean

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Sean & Michael!

I'll give her a try tomorrow and try to post back.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I can supply starters for £195 reconditoned. It is the same price for a original Lucas as it is for the Nippon Denso (high torque). I can also supply brand new Nippon Denso starters brand new for £260. (less the forum 10% discount).

There is surcharges on the recon' units so it makes sense to get the new outright.

Not trying to push sales just want to let you know what you should expect to pay.

Thanks Matt.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Matt et all! Located a Nippon Denso in US for under $300 US. Installed her and it's working fine. Had to extend the cables but that was no big deal. The high torque starter, with a lifetime guarantee, appears to be a much better choice than rebuilding the original. Thanks again for all the input. Now on to locate parts for my 20/25!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry, duplicate post.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts