Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have no power to the thermostatic (or de-icing) switch, so the clutch won't get power to turn the compressor on. I figure it is just a fuse or breaker, but have no idea where to look. I am a long time mechanic, and am looking at this for a very dear old friend, but out of respect for the car, don't want to just start randomly taking the car apart for what is probably a simple search. The owners manual can't be found.

Thanks in advance-Dave

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
You can find the entire workshop manual, with every bit of detail you could want, at the Rolls-Royce Owners' Club of Australia Technical Library, SZ Series Motorcars Section. See Chapter M for fuse/fuseboard identification information.

Loose connections on the fuse boards can often be an issue and relays also are prone to failure after 20+ years.

Good luck on the diagnosis.

·
Registered
12 Posts
This response will create much grief for me but I'll give it anyway. First if your a purest disregard this completely. If you aren't and just want the fans to work here's what I did. I direct wired the cooling fans to the ac compressor. When the ac is on the fans are on simple as that. The is also a temp fuse next to compressor that was used by GM in the 70,s. Fuse cost less than 4.00 at advanced auto. Just to finish this I live in Florida and drove my car like this year round a total of 8000 miles without any problems at
You can find the entire workshop manual, with every bit of detail you could want, at the Rolls-Royce Owners' Club of Australia Technical Library, SZ Series Motorcars Section. See Chapter M for fuse/fuseboard identification information.

Loose connections on the fuse boards can often be an issue and relays also are prone to failure after 20+ years.

Good luck on the diagnosis.
all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts