Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have followed the links to the wiring diagram in order to loop out the memory control function on my 89 Silver Spirit but it mentions a standard Bosch relay being fitted to the heating output plug under the seat . The socket is not there and I don't have heated seats ( which I assume are part of the memory function ?? ) so am I correct in just ignoring that part of the instruction to loop out the memory function ??

Thanks

Simon

·
Registered
554 Posts
For later readers you are talking about the seat/mirror control and memory ECU's located under the front seats. Very few cars have that socket for the relay, I can't recall which years had them but I do not see them very often. You will have to follow the instructions attached to bypass the memory function on your seats. I assume you have already tried replacing the batteries?

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Jim
Thanks for the info.
I have the instructions and will attempt today and let you know how I get on.
Cheers

Simon

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Jim
Mission accomplished !
I already had the centre console apart to relacquer the wood so only took 30 mins. I could not find a spare spade terminal to earth so just used one of the fixing screws to the transmission tunnel.
I did not bother with the relay ( although I did find one in my box of bits ) as I do sometimes love the car with someone in who may want to adjust the seats .

Cheers

Simon

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry just as a post script the battery had corroded a number of the components around it so the board would need a proper rebuild. Frankly I really don't need the memory function ( doesn't work on the drivers side either ) as I only drive the car and don't often have a passenger !.

Thanks again

Simon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts