Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a 1984 Silver Spirit and there are excessive amounts of rust in the fuel tank so therefore Im taking it out to get refurbished. My problem arises as i cannot get the tank filler neck past the rear hydraulic suspension pipes and this is preventing the tank from coming out. Is there any way to get the tank out without taking the hydraulics out?
Many thanks

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hi,

In the workshop manuel they don't speak about to get the tank out with taking the hydraulics out.

You'll found the explanation in TSD 4400 section K2.

If you have not the TSD you can upload it at http://rrtechnical.info/

In the TSD 4737 ( latest cars ) I've found that :

Note;
The fuel tank may prove difficult to move due to the bonding effect that can take place between the rubber mountings abd the tank after o period of time.
If an extra effort is requiered to free the tank, ensure that it will not be damaged by the force used

Good luck

·
Registered
78 Posts
I think the only thing that could get in the way is the gas springs and the part that this screws in to. It is not hard to take it off and if it is getting in the way then I suggest you just depressurise and remove the pipe, take out the 3 allen screws and remove this unit. I found the hard part about taking the tank out is that it sticks to the straps were there is an adhesive type of foam. there are a pain.

Any more help required let me know.

Thanks Matt.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts