Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, as a recent joiner to the forum, I have a question for you out there. Does any forum member have a what was termed a Red Label Edition model? These were all built in 1979 for obvious reasons and carried Red inlaid badges rather than the normal Black inlay. My reason for asking is, my car chassis number SRH 38304 has had the plaque that was in the glovebox stolen, I can only assume that some lovely person thought it was solid silver instead of Mirror finish Stainless Steel. If you have a car of this year/model which is a UK car, I would ask if you would be willing to take a GOOD high-resolution picture of the glovebox plaque straight on please as I have found the original manufacturer who is happy to reproduce the plaque for me. So, anyone who can help, I would be EXCEPTIONALLY grateful PLEASE!!! If you want to know any information about my actual car, please take a look at my profile.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good afternoon Jean, Thank you for the links, unfortunately they are pictures of poor quality and taken at an angle, the company I have that will reproduce it need an actual high resolution picture taken from directly above that they can digitise in order to have the lazer engraving machine re cut it from scratch, but thank you for replying and helping, hopefully someone out there will take pity on me!! Kindest regards, Simon (Mercury RV)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I tried the RREC, Rolls-Royce Motor Cars, Bentley Cars, all the dismantlers and everyone else, it really only comes down to an owner who can help. The other thing I have been told is that when new each one had a certificate of authenticity with it, but RREC said they did not know. Despite being a member of the RREC for many many years, I have never been successful at getting any real information from them, and certainly not for my annual membership fee. Nice glossy magazine, but for me a little light on material for the most popular model ever for Rolls Royce the Silver Shadow, or am I being selfish? So to end on another plea, has anyone got one of these they are willing to take a really good digital image of the plaque, please?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good morning Jean, I will send an email to him right away, thank you as anything is worth a try. By the way, I have tried the gentleman who runs the other Silver Shadow website I think who is in Holland, but that did not lead anywhere either, really I think it is down to finding with one of these UK cars and getting a picture, must be some helpful person out there somewhere.......I HOPE.

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
Attached image from a friend's car. This was for the export version.

He notes that these were only affixed with two-sided tape of "the carpet holding" type. Thus they frequently fell off. You should search not only your glove box, but open the door to the fuse panel and root around down there.

The exact phrasing on the plaque, depending on delivery market, can be found on Marinus Rijkers' superbly researched Silver Shadow website on this page:

http://www.rrsilvershadow.com/EMod/Anniv.htm

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh if only it were that simple. No, it was removed by some person as I can see the marks where they prised it off the glove box lid. Obviously, the image has to be a really good one as the people who I get to remake it will have to digitise it to be able to re-cut it. Thank you anyway for the suggestion.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi everyone, are you like me and hate it when people ask a question trying to find a solution to a problem, then you never hear anymore...... Well, I am not going to do that. I asked if anyone had any idea where I could get a replacement glovebox Celebration of 75 years of Rolls Royce plaque for the one I had stolen by some nice person. Well, all the avenues I tried through the clubs etc failed and I drew a blank, so I traced company who would make an exact copy for me, and they did exactly as they said they would and it is great. I even asked them to personalise it for me by adding the chassis number (in the hope that would stop some swine from stealing this one as well. Hopefully, I can attach an image of it here for all to see. Sorry for the moment, seems the forum system is not compatible with my own, so will try and upload the images tomorrow via another format, bear with please!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I feel that unlikely, it was removed without question as obviously I have the glove box lid and I can see where someone has used something sharp to pry it off, the sweethearts!! I have also contacted the RREC to see if I can get a replacement certificate of originality as that went at the same time, along with the original set of handbooks, fortunately, I had the service book and other docs stored separately, so still have those. Still trying to place the picture on here, perhaps tomorrow, fingers crossed! Would be nice to find the others ones around my chassis number presuming they still exist out there........where are you SRH 38302 & 303? Could be a family reunion.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hello again good people. Having received the new replacement plaque for my little Silver Shadow II SRH 38304, it is really good, to be honest you would not be able to tell the difference between one and the other, with the exception that I have had mine personalised with the chassis number. I am hoping I can upload an image of it here, so here goes!!

Wow it worked. If you would like to know more details, please email ROLLS ROYCE SILVER SHADOW II RED LABEL SRH 38304 002.JPG
ROLLS ROYCE SILVER SHADOW II RED LABEL SRH 38304 002.JPG
me at [email protected], it will be my pleasure to help if I can. Happy up and coming Christmas everyone, unless you are a seller of Bats in a Chinese market that is! GRRRRR

1 - 15 of 15 Posts