Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

Do any of you know where to locate hubcap locks to replace the original style used on many Silver Shadows?

Our's are quite old and one of them is missing. I've contact numerous Rolls Royce parts dealers (including two shop in the UK) and no one seems to have them or even know about them.

Seems like there must be some decent replacement available and your help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi Dale,

The locks were an after-market item. There were a few different type bolts that were used - can you post a picture of the bolt on here?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much!

Thank you tremendously for the response, it is wonderful to hear from you.
Well, out of shear desperation, I actually took one of the hubcap locks to a local locksmith and you won't believe what he said! "That's just a cam lock, I can have 4 keyed alike locks here tomorrow."
WOW! Sure enough, thats all they were. They're probably not the most secure locking system for hubcaps, but it appears that is what was originally used by this particular after market company.
So, I ordered them, installed them, and they fit. They're held in place via the small brass tabs which stick out from the sides when the key is remove. When you put the key into the lock, the pieces go in and the lock can come out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts