Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy New Year!
Hoping someone has the knowledge to assist with this one…
I am trying to find an evaporator for a 1998 Silver Seraph. With the model only running for a few years sourcing parts is becoming an issue. I am aware that the chassis is an E38 BMW 750iL but this doesn’t seem to help the search/compatibility without a chassis number. Does anyone know where I might be able to source one?
Part number is PA28939P A.

Thanks,

Tom

· Registered
4,715 Posts
Depending on where the leak is, assumming it leaks, they can be brazed and pressure tested. The evaporator is made by a 3rd party and who that is? Does it say Behr on the evaporator?

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So the evaporator hasn’t yet been removed from the vehicle, it has been dye tested and the dye runs out of the drain pipes beneath the vehicle. The part number came from a Rolls Royce dealer and I haven’t yet laid eyes on the one in the car. With a substantial quotation to replace it, I’d want it prior to the job starting. Brazing is a good suggestion, thank you!

· Registered
223 Posts
Just search on ebay for bmw 740 evaporator. You can also just pull the entire assembly from a Pull-aPart or similar. I can tell you it is a lot of work to change this, need to remove the seats, console and dash. Not difficult but time consuming.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@umtaliman Thanks for the reply, 740? It’s hard to be sure but from researching images of the evaporator from the 740 compared to the 750, the pipe work looks to be different. 740s look to have two separate pipes, 750s look to have a flange with both pipes together. Have I missed something?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts