Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2004 Arnage
Shock absober dust boots need replacing.
The 2 major after market companies in England cannot help.

Has anyone been down this path before and can recommend a solution ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Drew,
Flying Spares list an Aftermarket shock boot, for all years of Arnage/Seraph. Part: ARNDAMPBOOT
I've just received 2 from them, as both of the boots/gaiters on the rear shocks of my 2007 Arnage are split.
Judging by their installation instructions it's going to be a right pain stretching them over the shock.

The factory don't list the boots as a replaceable item.
Jeremy

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Drew,
Flying Spares list an Aftermarket shock boot, for all years of Arnage/Seraph. Part: ARNDAMPBOOT
I've just received 2 from them, as both of the boots/gaiters on the rear shocks of my 2007 Arnage are split.
Judging by their installation instructions it's going to be a right pain stretching them over the shock.

The factory don't list the boots as a replaceable item.
Jeremy
hi Jeremy

Appreciate your reply - and yes, nothing fitted to a Bentley is easy - did you investigate whether any after market silicon boots existed other than those from FS ???????
and
what of the front shocks ?? any thoughts on those mate ??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just had mine replaced on my 2000 Seraph. The aftermarket ones are no good because they are soft rubber and will split almost immediately after installation.

John Palma has a source. Call him and ask.

·
Registered
7 Posts
hi Jeremy

Appreciate your reply - and yes, nothing fitted to a Bentley is easy - did you investigate whether any after market silicon boots existed other than those from FS ???????
and
what of the front shocks ?? any thoughts on those mate ??
From IETIS, those lower shock absorber mounts are torqued to 130Nm (I think). Probably original, so done by the Crewe Factory Gorilla....
I did look for other boots. No listed alternative replacements, although 1 poster used 'dirt bike fork gaiters'. I couldn't find any of those with the correct dimensions.

My fronts look OK. Rears only obviously torn when extended, when all weight off the wheel.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
From IETIS, those lower shock absorber mounts are torqued to 130Nm (I think). Probably original, so done by the Crewe Factory Gorilla....
I did look for other boots. No listed alternative replacements, although 1 poster used 'dirt bike fork gaiters'. I couldn't find any of those with the correct dimensions.

My fronts look OK. Rears only obviously torn when extended, when all weight off the wheel.
ok JeremyB

I do understand - another research project for me in 2022

Appreciate your response

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just had mine replaced on my 2000 Seraph. The aftermarket ones are no good because they are soft rubber and will split almost immediately after installation.

John Palma has a source. Call him and ask.

hi knphausen56

I will email John Parma

But are you saying the aftermarket ones from Flying Spares and Introcar are soft and split ?

Wheres the one you put on your 2000 Seraph are OEM and supplied by Palma?

Have i got this right ???

regards
Drew

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi knphausen56

I will email John Parma

But are you saying the aftermarket ones from Flying Spares and Introcar are soft and split ?

Wheres the one you put on your 2000 Seraph are OEM and supplied by Palma?

Have i got this right ???

regards
Drew
Hi Drew, the aftermarket ones are indeed soft and split.

I don't think the ones Palma supplied are OEM but they are harder so they're not supposed to split.

Cheers!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts