Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1974 Silver Shadow Standard Saloon SRH20280
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm replacing my heater tap this weekend. I have a new tap but want to replace the O-ring as well. Rather than wait 2 weeks for one to arrive in Australia from the UK & making yet another sizable donation to Royal Mail, does anyone know if it's anything special or just a standard O-ring? Also, does anyone know the dimensions?

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
O rings and bearings have something in common. They have "standards" and manufacturers design around a standard rather than create an off size. That practice does not help anybody. You have to get an O ring compatible with your coolant.. Here's a chart of standard O rings and sized in metric or inch.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Wraithman. That gives me somewhere to start. I'll google compatibility & coolants - there's bound to be something; Shadows don't use anything rare in that department at least.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
There is a compatibility chart within the 2nd website.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There is a compatibility chart within the 2nd website.
Coolant O rings are EPDM composition to be compatible with glycol based anti freeze, just like radiator and heater hoses.
That makes life easy. I have an industrial supplier of EPDM o-rings & gaskets etc in Melbourne. I'll measure the old one - I'm sure they'll have an exact size as the have imperial as well as meric in their catalogue.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts