Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
This is the first car I owned and is fully paid for. its a 94'bentely coupe with about 49k on it. I have been told many different things about selling a bentley. I was first just going to trade it in but my friend told me they would eat me alive at the dealership and I would practically get nothing for it.

Then I heard ebay motors was good but im unsure about the fee and I hear alot of headaches come from the buyers. I also heard that a used car dealership works well but they take a large chuck of your money.

What should I do? for sale by owner, trade in, used car dealership, ebay?
if anyone has knowledge on this, please help me out.

·
Registered
38 Posts
eBay Auction is no good unless your ok with loosing out on seller fees (+paypal fees if accepting that payment type)...however placing a classified advert on there is a one time fee (About £8 I think)and a great way to advertise with a wide audience for next to nothing

Autotrader has gone a little downhill, but will prob still attract the right audience so one to consider although last time I checked they were fairly pricey in comparison. Pistonheads has a fair Bentley community following and although they are now charging to place ads, prob still quite feasible

Expect plenty of tyre kickers but the hassles always worth it privately as traders will only ever give you rock bottom money on them :wink:

EDIT: MIGHT WANT TO SCRAP ALL THAT AS JUST NOTICED YOUR OTHER SIDE OF POND AND IT MAY BE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT UP THERE

·
Registered
3 Posts
Many fine cars are sold on Ebay. Study past sales through Advanced Search so you learn the current market, detail your car properly, and take lots of pics. Watch out for scammers, but serious buyers will travel to see a great car and pay cash. You can also join the RROC and list it there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts