Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
That looks great. What flexible filler did you use?

Thanks
It was all purchased from furniture clinic in the UK but its an American product, used leather binder to repair any scuffs on the seats, fortunately didnt need to get in to cracked leather as the seats were ok

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Super result there Motorman they look great. I recently added a compressor to my garage tool kit so may take this same job on at some stage. I recently had the seats and centre console out of my 89 Turbo R (to fix the seat motors/ECUs) and for now I just did an extensive clean and feed job and they are much softer and cleaner then before but may go down the full restoration route next year based on your results.

Does anyone know if you can completely change the leather colour using one of these kits or is it just to rejuvenate in your existing colour? Not for the Bentley - I want to change the seats in my E-Type to MX5 NA seats as much safer and the E-Types seats are knackered - I've sourced the donor Mazda seats (in black leather) and was going to get them recovered in the Cream/biscut colour of my Jaguar interior....but if I can re-colour them with a kit like this and it does'nt look rubbish I may give that a go first.....
Sorry for delay in reply been distracted recommissioning my Stag, part of the process for applying the colour is a strip back of the existing dye on the seats, its pretty fierce and strips the colour to almost base leather so I would say yes you can change the colour using this kit but also suggest dropping furniture clinic a line enquiring if this is possible

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
I found using a paint shield (cardboard, business card, etc provides a paint shield against the piping.
Piping has to be done by hand using an artist brush sized for the work.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts